Hair Pins (Who's Made'em?)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ol man & I made our own for the rear of the 29. He had a old speedway catalog and they had the measurements in there. We fabbed em outta 3/4" rod, bought the bungs for the tie rod ends.I think we had about $60 in em when done. It took a couple of nights in the shop to bend em and weld everything but way cheaper than buyin them. Not a good picture of them, I'll try to get a close up pic for more detail.

Attachments

• hotrod2.jpg
    hotrod2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 179
Radius Rods

Thanks Guys, Im going to get a complete price on materials this weekend and go from there!!

HEY DEVIN....................thanks for the kind words. I have not talked to you in a long time. You and the family doing OK?

HEY DEVIN....................thanks for the kind words. I have not talked to you in a long time. You and the family doing OK?

Doing Fine as frogs hair . I've been banned from the other place (they have a problem facing facts).......... but I'll see you in June I'm sure.

Oh yea I will be at the NTBA Nats for sure. I am thinking they will be suprised how many cars will show up for this East event. See you then.

RODS

ive prolly built over 50 pairs now, and nobodys LIVED to complain... i mean nobodys ever said they've had problems with em. use good quality tubing the right kind of weld in bungs and weld properly and you can build em safe...

6 bungs 7.00 each = 42.00
12 ft of 1 inch .120 wall tubing @ 2.95 per ft.=35.40
your time and welding supplies???

like many people have said frames and suspensions a job for an experienced welder too. so if your confident go for it.........

and for under 80.00 you got a pair of rods... dp1

ez tbucket just quoted me $87 for 27inch hairpins

they seem very stout, thicker than everywhere else, and worth every penny.

no bungs, threaded and tapped straight into the tubes

---

Hair Pins Whos Madeem

Oh my. A 7 year old does not need their hair relaxed that often. Thats often. How are you CARING for her hair?

Why trust.?

Why trust your life to something you made..? Sure its cool and you can brag BUT your life and the lives around you depend on parts that are perfect.I suggest you order from Ron Pope.I have talked to Ron a few times on the phone and he IS amazing.!!! His products are one the best.Prices are the best too....:D

Why trust your life to something you made..? Sure its cool and you can brag BUT your life and the lives around you depend on parts that are perfect.I suggest you order from Ron Pope.I have talked to Ron a few times on the phone and he IS amazing.!!! His products are one the best.Prices are the best too....:D

And hey....he's a member here, so he has to be alright since only good people are members of this site:)

My comment

My comment wasnt made to stop someone from doing what they want to do,or building what they want to build.I do understand as I build my own stuff,that everyone has a way to do things.Its just I wont cut corners on a few things I feel make my ride safer.Being VERY inexperienced at alot of this I just want to make sure I build a safe car and figured others would want to do the same thing.I noticed a thread on the H.A.M.B about accidents and noticed that an older couple had built a beautiful Model A ( I think it was Model A ) and had died while involved what looked like a minor accident.No seat belts had been installed in the car which made me go hunt down a pair and making sure there in my car.!It was a shame to see what happened to them.:(

RPM Ron

Are your rods still the same price... Can you weld in a stiffner/brace...

Yep same price. Our radius rods are made from 1" tube with a .219" wall thickness, drilled and tapped for 5/8-18 thread. We have never had any problems with our rods. They don't require a stiffner in them.

Ron,I just checked out your site. Pricing is real decent. I was looking at that battery tray. I cant even build that myself for what you sell them for.

I am going to need a set of hair pins in the not to distant future and will buy them from you.

Do you also make them for rod ends or is just heims only?

Latest posts

Back