Happy Anniversary Woodstock!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Well he's an old hippy and he doesn't know what to do,
hang on to the old or pick up on the new."

Fun while it lasted wasn't it Fuzz. :) We thought the world was going to keep getting better.Like anyone with long hair was your friend wherever you went.

"Everybodies talkin' 'bout a new world in the morning,
New world in the mornin' never comes"

n722815215_553497_8800.jpg

Looks like I'm the sole paticipant, so far. Was ther with 2 of my cousins ( one 18 at the time & other my age). Had just turned 13 & was sort of a birthday present from my cousin. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago.

I was there also. I was 17 and went with my cousin.

Man were my mom and dad mad when they found out there I went. One year later I was in the army heading to Vietnam.

Last edited:
I was the right age, and planned to go with a couple of other guys...until we found out it wasn't Woodstock Ontario. Young and dumb!! Sniper

I was the right age, and planned to go with a couple of other guys...until we found out it wasn't Woodstock Ontario. Young and dumb!! Sniper

Hah hah !! I live just on the edge of Woodstock, Ontario ...... local paper had an article last week saying about 200 people came here back in '69 looking for the concert ...... they camped out in Southside Park and partied anyway.

Anybody that was there, or saw the movie (who hasn't seen Woodstock??)
might enjoy this:

*Finally, after 40 years, someone has opened the vault and revealed the answer to a question that has clawed at our brains since the 1969 Woodstock album was released:

What the hell were the lyrics to Joe Cocker's version of 'A Little Help From My Friends'?

He was so wigged-out and loopy on a multitude of drugs, no one has been able to understand his jarbled, mush-mouth version . . . . until now!

Click link below for the lyrics . . . . FINALLY IT'S CRYSTAL CLEAR!*

http://www.elwp.com/Joe Cocker.html

I was halfway there, the damned VW Bus we were going in snapped a crank somewhere in the middle of Missouri, found a rebuilt short block for 200 bux, tried to trade the guy for some of the "Herbal Entertainment" we had on board, he refused and said he was gonna call the Sheriff. We hightailed it out of there, looking back, it was a cherry, 2nd owner, original Chestbnut Brown and Sealing Wax Red, 1960 VW 23 window Microbus.... worth about $40k in the shape we abandoned it...so no, neber made it to Woodstock, we split up the "entertainment" and two guys went, and me an the other guy thumbed a ride back home to wait for the draft to catch us. I swear, when you see Alvin Lee and 10 Years After singing "I'm goin' Home" they pan across the crowd, and I see Tom and Frank in he crowd...

Latest posts

Back