Have any of you tried these eBay radiators?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

64mm thickness and 3 core aluminum withstanding up to 1000 HP.

Attachments

• Rad.JPG
    Rad.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 37
Bought one for my rod, said it is a direct fit for a 28/29 model A with flathead v8. NOT! mount pads are off by 1/2 hole on each side, but still not bad for the price.

I'm going to try one of those when the time comes on my rpu project. Even the best radiators are going to spring some leaks if you drive the car enough, the Brassworks one on my 27 seeps a little and the Walker one on my Son's T bucket is weeping slightly. They shake themselves to death on the front of one of these cars, especially if you are running a wicked cam, so seams do sometimes let a little coolant out. I can't see putting another $700 radiator on when one of the cheaper ones might work.

Don

I put a champion 3 core in my 29 and it works great for the bucks. Like already stated, the mounts had to modified and I used a lot of rubber to help the shake thing to save the seams. I plan on another for my 38 when the $$ come in.

I bought a 4 core off e-bay for my 47 haven't run it yet but its 100% welded and looks very well built I believe it was a Champion. Good luck

Attachments

• IMAG0449.JPG
    IMAG0449.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 15
so seams do sometimes let a little coolant out. Don

That is just a little "sweat" from working so hard! I have used the Off brand units in a couple of drag cars and they worked well. You just have to expect some fitment issues but you get what you pay for. [;)

Latest posts

Back