He lives!!! What did u get done this weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Work on cars was impossible this weekend but I did drag my '46 Dodge pu home for a 6-7" top chop!

My daughter & son-in-law & their 3 kids (7,2,1) spent the week-end with us & then Monday Mrs Tripper & I hosted a B-day party for a friends' daughter for 30 16 year olds that ended @ 1:00am Tuesday morning. Needless to say... it about wiped the old Tripper out but am finally comin' back around to sub-human status! Man... 16 year olds have a *LOT* of energy!!!

BoB

WUSS.....

Welcome to my world (and Reason4)

We own (er...I mean have) a 15, a 14 and a 13 year old.........

Needless to say, We feel your pain:D:eek::D:eek:

I worked on the F1 this weekend. I dismantled the whole thing, finished welding the frame and started painting the suspension and frame.

004-14.jpg

I tore down my hemi short block and started reworking the trunk hinges on my dad's 41 Willys. The first pair we tried to use had the wrong geometry so it was back to the drawing board. I also cleaned up the shop a little. Nothing worth taking pictures of though.

Got my car trailer done, loaded the Crosley on it and drove around to see if it would fall off. It didn't. Pics to follow. Preparing to go to Brainerd International Raceway for the MSRA drags Sat. I'll take pics and post some.
We had 7 grandkids stay over last weekend. Whew!

Tripper, glad you survived the party.

I did exactly what I do EVERY weekend............help Dan on his car. ;) I think the next 13 weekends are going to be pretty much like Groundhog Day for us.:D

Oh, and I cleaned the house. :eek:

Don

Ha ha ha..ha....ha a weekdend, what is that. I don't get weekends off from work, I get random days off during the week and not one after another.

I moved a car bed into my sons room. Not a plastic store bought bed but a half of a VW bug. The project sounded like a great idea about a year ago but has taken a boat load of time to complete. Cut the car, gut the car, do modifications, body work and paint the car.
So I finished the car finally last week and 9am Saturday morning took down the wall that divides the garage and my sons bedroom and carried the car in with three friends. I restudded, re-drywalled, and mud and taped the wall that day. Sanded and Painted the walls last night. What a pain in the you know where. But my 3 year old is happy as ever.
Next weekend is work on the 39 weekend.

Picked up a used lathe (divorce sale cheap) brought it home cleaned it up and set it up .. works great, then bein'as I was in the cleaning mood I totally reorganized the shop , including going thru every drawer in both the tool boxes,,(how'd I get so many flippin' screwdrivers..?) Now I'm afraid to mess it up....LOL..... that will change today, my son's car needs some work..:(

Picked up a used lathe (divorce sale cheap) brought it home cleaned it up and set it up .. works great, then bein'as I was in the cleaning mood I totally reorganized the shop , including going thru every drawer in both the tool boxes,,(how'd I get so many flippin' screwdrivers..?) Now I'm afraid to mess it up....LOL..... that will change today, my son's car needs some work..:(

I know!!!!!!!! I swear those screwdrivers breed at night or something. We have drawers full of screwdrivers, most of which are not worth a plugged nickel. Why do we keep them????? For prying cans of paint open?????? I know most of them are no good, but it seems sacreligious to throw any tool away. :D:D

Don

39Fordbooger, With all the work to build and install that VW bed for your kid, I'd make him use it til he leaves home!

beddonephotoshop008.jpg

beddonephotoshop007.jpg

likes-to-tinker, This is the car bed. Hopefully this week the wife will get rid of the Disney walls and start painting the car theme stuff. Heck he is only 3 but no time like the present for car stuff.

This is the car bed. Hopefully this week the wife will get rid of the Disney walls and start painting the car theme stuff. Heck he is only 3 but no time like the present for car stuff.

Yep... u're rasin' another car nut!!! Very kool!!! Hope I'm not off on this one but... I predict he'll have a Beetle one day!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Not only is that very cool, but you have a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY understanding Wife. :D:D Not many would say yes to removing a wall to park half a bug in the kid's bedroom. I think some flowers and a night out are in your future. :D:D

Don

I know!!!!!!!! I swear those screwdrivers breed at night or something. We have drawers full of screwdrivers, most of which are not worth a plugged nickel. Why do we keep them????? For prying cans of paint open?????? I know most of them are no good, but it seems sacreligious to throw any tool away. :D:D

Don

I live in farm country..you wouldn't believe all the tools I pick up on the roads around my house, and yes most are screwdrivers.

Latest posts

Back