Header help !!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WRM66

I have a 1966 C10 chevy pickup, it has a .060 over 350 in it with Flo-Tek aluminum angle plug heads on it. I am looking for some full length headers that will work with these heads without having to beat, bend and/or partially collapse some of the tubes. The closest thing I have found on the net is the Hedman Hedders p/n 69090. they say they are for angle plug heads, and appear to be, but in looking at their 360* viewer, it looks like the #5 plug might hit the #1 cyl tube the way it angles in.
These Flo-Tek heads are configured to where the plug angles down quit a bit as well as inwards... I have talked to tech support from Speedway(where I bought the heads) as well as Hedman and as you may guess...nobody knows nothing.
Any help or first hand knowledge is much appreciated

If Headman doesn't know I think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone on your own who has done the same swap to tell you if those will work or not.

What I would suggest is buying a set on someplace like Amazon, trying them, and returning them if they don't fit. We did that on a Capri my one Son is building. He is putting a 460 Ford in it and ordered headers that were supposed to fit that application, but they were not even close. He simply boxed them up and sent them back to Amazon and got a credit.

Just be careful trying them so you don't scratch or beat them up.

Don

you didn't say if you are using a stick or auto trans. if your using a stick then you need center dumps so you can use your clutch assy. check out speedway for them and corvette headers will work, the thing on speedway is they have a chart in the rags that give the demisons. if your going auto then the sky is the limit. also just thought of you may have to get rid of your mid mounts at the bell housing like i did. i have used car headers with a auto trans on my 63.

thanks for the input guys, i found some center dump Sanderson's that fit perfectly...

Latest posts

Back