Header opinion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Header Choice

• Zoomie Headers #1

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • Zoomie Headers #2

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Rotorless7

Just wondering which headers you guys would pick for my 51 Ford.

Zoomie headers #1:
BY1KEgBmkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLm8SUBKjuHRSQ.jpg

BY1L1WkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKjuNkHI_12.jpg

Zoomie headers #2:
BY2NUHB2kKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmbkuBKjuyjhC.jpg

BY2NzogBmkKGrHgoOKkUEjlLmVpKoBKju0k.jpg

The first set from a noise tolerance perspective as well as the overall look are the best choice in my opinion. Those rock!!! The second set are just another set of Zoomies.

Thunder

I really like the looks of the first set, but put a collector on them with the same angle cut at the end. Zoomies (especially w/ no mufflers) sound like crap IMO. Even more so if it's a stock motor.

First set.

Second style is too obnoxious to drive more than putting around the fairgrounds.

Shock value is fun....but not as fun as actually driving the car.

I agree on #1! I think the second ones are kool too but would be pretty darn nosiy for driver & passenger!

BoB

Noisy and I think that driving down the road with the windows down I would be getting alot of exhaust fumes in the cab with me

#1 is the ticket. Unique. Get the baffles, you'll be glad you did if you plan on driving it more than 15 mins at a time!

Number 1 ! They look great and you won't get all of the fumes that the other set would probably put inside the cab.:eek:......CR

I'd vote for #1- reasons being that they will be quieter and blow dirt on all the shiney cars. Seriously I had a set of header that pointed down and they really stirred up the road grime and pitched it into the air. I'd add some noise suppression if they were mine.
Where did you get the tapered pipe on version 3? I'd love to build a set of speedster headers from some of it.

Latest posts

Back