Headlight Bar Done!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piewagn

Got my headlight bar welded in! I'm gonna hang my '31 Cal plate from it. Lights don't shake anymore!!

Attachments

• crossbar1.jpg
    crossbar1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 50
  • crossbar2.jpg
    crossbar2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 29
  • crossbar3.jpg
    crossbar3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • crossbar4.jpg
    crossbar4.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
Looks really sharp. BTW, did you know if you weld a straight bar across there it will visually appear to sag in the center? That is why most of them are arc'd.

Don

Thanks guys!! No, I did not know that Don! I just arched it because I liked it that way.

Got my plate on. Took a nice long ride today, she runs awsome!! I had a timing and carb issue, got it all straightened out. 68 mph with the overdrive engaged! She was just loafing. I'm scared to think what it will do if I really push it!:eek: Don't think I want to try and stop it either.

Attachments

• cal31.jpg
    cal31.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 12
  • cal31 2.jpg
    cal31 2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 22
Looks real nice. 68 mph:eek: That's just crazy fast:D. Glad to see you having some fun with it.

Thanks Gas!! She'll do a whole lot more, 68 was just cruisin'. She's gotta be able to do 90 easy. Ain't goin' there though! I'm just havin' a blast with her, watchin' people spin their heads of as I go by!

Nice clean job on the crossbar. It looks lake it could have come from that factory that way.

Keith

Thanks Keith!!
After I made the headlight brackets the lamps would shake like mad! I wanted to make the brackets fit the car, not the car fit the brackets. So, I used exhisting hole in the frame, and made brackets to fit. I knew I had to do something else with them, so I thought on it for a while, and that's what I came up with.

Latest posts

Back