HEADS UP TEXAS! New TXDOT Late Fees

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer32

Our wonderful state has a new late fee policy for those who don't transfeer title within 20 working days. Copied from TXDOT website:

BOUGHT A CAR or TRUCK?
TRANSFER THE TITLE & REGISTRATION ON TIME
TO AVOID PENALTIES
Effective January 2, 2008,
penalties increase for the late transfer of title and
registration of a motor vehicle
FILING ON TIME
You have 20 work days from the date of sale to transfer
your title and registration without paying a late transfer penalty
PENALTIES

INDIVIDUAL TO INDIVIDUAL TRANSFERS
o
$25 late transfer penalty – If you apply for the transfer between 21 work days and 30 work days after the date of sale.
o
ADD another $25 penalty for each additional 30-day period (or part of 30-day period) when transferred on or after the 31st work day after the date of sale.

MILITARY PERSONNEL TRANSFERS – Have up to 61 days to transfer before a late penalty is assessed. ADD an additional $25 penalty for each additional 1 to 30 days late.
SOME EXEMPTIONS

NO PENALTIES – The following types of vehicles are exempt from late transfer penalties:
o
25 or more year old passenger cars, light trucks, motorcycles or travel trailers
o
New vehicles
o
Vehicles bought from a state or federal government agency
o
Off-highway motorcycles and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV)

Man there tryin every way in the world to get our $$$$$
68.00 to tag my truck .When i started drivin i had a 57 chevy
cost 12.00 to tag it inspection was 5.00 gas was 19 a gallon
ethel was 22 a gallon ,,,oh crud ,,i sound like my dad ...:eek:

I haven't lived everywhere but Texas was the most anal about laws and enforcement. I don't even want to get started on them. The best thing I can say is they let you run yom plates and not many states do.

Latest posts

Back