heater blower motor question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allis327

I have a heater and blower motor out of a 40 Nash (that is what the guy said). It is just what I was looking for to keep the windows from fogging up in my 40 chev. The prob is the motor is shot and I have trying to find a replacement one. I really do not have the time to dig through the local junk yards if they would even let me. They are like part stores now and seem annoyed if they can't look it up on the computer. Many a year ago I could go to Napa and they would measure and them out of boxes until we found something that would work, those days are gone. If any one knows of a site that I could compare dimensions, or would know what may work ,or just point me in some direction I would be very grateful. Thank you

motor

try to have yours rebuilt, a starter / alternator shop can rebuild them and upgrade it to 12volts, if not try grainger they have lots of electric motors, they have a great online catalog.

The motor has a 2 1/4" diameter, 2 1/2" long, 1/4" diameter on the shaft, bolt spacing 2", shaft should stick out at least 1". If the shaft was longer or a bigger diameter I can make that work. The same guy owns 4 Napa stores and spreads out the inventory to cut overhead cost, really makes it a pain to change bearings on a tandem axle unless you have time to wait for them to run parts from a diff store. The other option is Oreilys and that is hit and miss. I know I am ranting but some days I wonder why they sell beef jerky but don't stock the bearing I need.

Here are the pics of the motor. I had to cut the fan off to get the motor out since there was no wire hanging out of the motor. I can put the fan in the lathe and dill out the shaft and rework the set screw.
Thank you

Attachments

• extra 001.jpg
    extra 001.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 9
  • extra 003.jpg
    extra 003.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 10
  • extra 004.jpg
    extra 004.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
  • extra 005.jpg