Hello everybody!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodad

The name's Tommy,...after many years of doing nothing but working for a living, I've decided to retire and build myself a hot rod.
I've built a few show winner street-rods in my time.....but I'm just not into chrome & cadmium plating, HPC coatings and 11 coats of lacquer anymore.

I think I want patina and primer for my showroom finish and a friggin' lawn-chair for upholstry!

:D

Welcome from the wet state of Michigan..

Welcome to the site.....yep....plenty pic's.... Lacquer???? Man, you are as old as me!!!![cl [P

Sure......do....

[cl I figured I'd get a response to that!

I don't even think they sell it anymore do they sgtpontiac?

Damned tree huggin' boogers.

All that paint that duplicolor sells is Lacquer....all premixed and ready to shoot straight out of the can...... still does a heck of a job and looks great with about 5 or 6 coats of clear and a good wet sanding and buffing.....awhhh the good old days....LOL

All that paint that duplicolor sells is Lacquer....all premixed and ready to shoot straight out of the can...... still does a heck of a job and looks great with about 5 or 6 coats of clear and a good wet sanding and buffing.....awhhh the good old days....LOL

Ain't it the truth brother?!

I used to shoot 3 coats solid color, 3 coats of 50/50 clear/color, and finish it off with several coats of clear. Color sand it till it till it was flat and buff it out till you could read a newspaper in it.

I had a bad reaction to polyicocyanurates or what ever they call 'em the first time I shot that modern crap with a hardener in it and PPG told me on the phone I better never get around it again.

So I'm kinda screwed. I think rust and primer will be fine. (I guess they still make lacquer primer).

lacquer

l have a buddy who knows where to get lacquer mail order, he just did his 1957 chevy 2 door wagon last week:D

PM me for detials[dr

Later:cool:

Attachments

• flames 1.jpg
    flames 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
  • flames 3.jpg
    flames 3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • flames 2.jpg
    flames 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2