Hello everyone

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrider

Sorry I didn't introduce myself before I posted a thread, I am from Crossville TN, I have been turning wrenches as a hobby for most of my life. I allways had to drive older rides as I was growing up We didn't call them rat rods then we called them transportation LOL. The local junk yards were our parts store. Now that I can afford a little more dependable vehicle I have started to enjoy working on them again. When I was still in grade school my dad started painting cars so I started helping him learning how to braze and eventually wire and stick welding. Now I am wanting to see just how much I can do with the skills I have aquired over the years. I have a early 40s chevy cab and a 53 dodge frame with both axels, I also have a 283 that I built in highschool, and a manual three speed and rear end out of a @76 chevy pickup. Does anyone have any good starting advice for me?

Thanks for any information

p.s.
Great site!

Welcome from another Tn you have came to the right spot sounds like a nice project in the works.

My advice would be to gather up everything you have and make a plan maybe make a ruff draft of what you think you would like the build to be and go from there.

Welcome to RRR redrider. I agree with Black Magic. Take the parts that you have and put together a mock up before finalizing your final cuts and welds.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have been reading alot on here for a couple of weeks. Already starting to get the stink eye from the better half. I don't think I have ever seen such a wealth of knowledge. I have already started looking for some Tex Smith books around in some of the book stores I may have to just order some online.

By the way I love the skulls Bonehead. I took a pic of the gas tank with my cell and sent to some of my freinds that I ride with and they think it is coolest tank they have seen.

Thanks again folks

Welcome to RRR, redrider. You picked the best spot for ideas & advice. The stuff written above is a good place to start.

Welcome to "here" ...

Welcome to the site, redrider.
Lots of good information here, get some ideas and apply them with the
skills and parts you have.
It sounds like you have a good start at hand already.
Keep us updated on your progress and post some photos when you can :D '22

welcome redrider! this is by far the best site for information and encouragement--not to mention family friendly!--and many talented builders here who'll take time to answer questions, too

HRP

Latest posts

Back