Hello from Alabama

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
Hey, I just found this site and I love old cars and trucks , I was working on a rat rod , had to stop for a while , but I love to see others and their photos , and get ideas for mine , looking forward to seeing some rat rods :D

I only have a few , they are not that good but my son has been helping me along with it ,, it don't take long to run out of $ on this end so we had to stop . But here are a few .I don't know if I was supposed to post these on this site or not .. if not Ill remember the next time .. . this is our 1st chop job . we had a few clues but never done anything like this before . Hind site is always 20 - 20 . I have just a few more but were not working on it right now its in the corner . And thanks for the welcome guys :D

Attachments

• 16-06-12_191 (1).jpg
    16-06-12_191 (1).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 06-03-12_182 (1).jpg
    06-03-12_182 (1).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 07-07-12_193.jpg
    07-07-12_193.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 18-10-12_175.jpg
    18-10-12_175.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 28-02-12_182 (1).jpg
    28-02-12_182 (1).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 18
"I don't know if I was supposed to post these on this site or not .. if not Ill remember the next time .. ."
You are doing it right.
The chop looks real good to me.
As soon as you can start a build thread and post lots of pics. We love to follow along and if you need advice, it's easier for us to chime in.
If you have multiple projects then do multiple threads to keep them separated.

Thanks old Iron, I do need a lot more parts to get started back on it . Im going to build my own frame out of 2x4 tubing, so I can put a strait axle under it , I just cut the frame that was under the truck already, and dropped 7 inches to set the cab in then back up to the 80s model chevy front end . which was already welded in to the 49 frame. this was also shortest rout to get my rolling frame , plus to see how much to drop it. my next step is to get the front axle. (Still looking)

Kenny c , We took 4 " out and left the window the full size . it matched up with the front then , plus I liked the way I could see out of it . As far as the bed I took out enough to match the leaf spring , I plan on staying with the leaf springs I need to take a few leaf's out but Ill keep with them . I found a model A" springs and axle , but I want to get a late 40s or so ford with the single leaf across the axle . Il find a cheap axle some where .

I like the proportions of yours. I may have chopped an inch to much out of mine, I'm having a problem with not beiing able to see very well and having enough leg room but i'm sectioning 3 1/2 inches off the bottom and channeling the floor 4 inches. Someday I'll figure out how to post pictures and start a build thread.

that's why I just dropped the frame. all inside is the same and the roof is still high enough that you can see the traffic lights. I will build a frame that drops 7 Inches or so , for the cab to set in , and the front rails will be strait, I can adjust the front on the placement of the spring saddle. The rails will cost around $300 so I have to wait for now . The frame sets about 6 inches off the ground. I needed that to get in and out of my shop, and on my rack. Ill pick up a piece at a time to get it all together . then ill start a thread . just click on the safety pin above and then brows threw your photos . I love looking at others rats. and old cars . Well I done wrote a book her Ill get off now :D (My windshield opening is 10&1/2 inches high.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back