Hello from central illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quanah

Hello everyone my name is Mark, I live in central Illinois. I just realized I posted today in "BIKES", before I introduced myself... shame on me. Anyway I've been into hot rods and motorcycles for a long time... 40 plus years. I currently own a '46 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup, 235 six, ('57 motor I think), and a '65 Ford Falcon 2 dr., w/ a 289, & C4 trans. My plans for the '46 are lowering it, newer manual trans, chevy 10 or 12 bolt, or ford 9'' rear, disc brakes, (at least front), two carb manifold, split header, top chop?, remove top cab lights, and turn signals on fenders, don't know how crazy I'll get, but the older I get the harder it is to cut virgin metal. I've been lurking awhile, and thought it past time to post. Here's an older pic of my '46.
My46-1.jpg

And an older pic of my Falcon
My65Falcon-1.jpg

Want to put a T-5 trans in the Falcon, and 2bbl. Cleveland heads on an early 70's 302 motor I have, that now has 351 Windsor heads. Don't think anyone makes a DUAL plane manifold for the Cleveland head setup, Edelbrock has a single plane, but I'm looking for lots of torque. Anyone know of a manufacturer of dual plane for this application?

Wecome Quanah, glad you're joining in. Nice pickup-it looks like it's fresh off the showroom floor! Personally I don't think I would be able to cut it up, but a chop job will give it some serious attitude...go for it!

Nice stuff! Chop the heck out of it - 6" at least, but leave the cab lights, section 3-4" off the bottom of the cab, raise the running boards and some form of the flat bed and drop it too the weeds.

It's easy to decide what to do on someone elses project! :rolleyes:

Welcome.

welcome, do what ever you feel comfy with the truck, but you need a straight axle , injector stacks, and fender exit headers at least on the falcon :eek: :D

Welcome!!!

Quanah,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Like u're Falcon but love that truck. Make u're self @ home & feel fre to join rat in!!! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back