Hello from Iowa!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

401ton

Hi all!
I'm Bruce from Des Moines, IA (Clive).
I've been researching on here for a time and finally getting arround to posting.

I have been doing the Rock Crawling/Off Roading thing with my 83 Jeep CJ-7 for about 14 years. Before that I Hot Rodded a 1969 AMC SC/Rambler in the 80's. I have a HouseBoat and a Harley Dyna Wide Glide that gets used ocasionally too.

I'm a garage tool junkie also. My new favorite tool is a old vertical band saw that has a jack shaft that makes it slow enough for cutting metal. I like it better than my plasma for alot of jobs right now.

Recently I got bit by the Rat Rod Bug and bought a 1946 Chevy pickup cab and plan to do a build on it. It will be AMC powered of course!

This site has alot of useful information I plan to use as I get further into my build.

Here's a few pictures,I'm still working on my picture loading skills though...grumble...

Rat Rod 001.jpg

Rat Rod 006.jpg

Rat Rod 007.jpg

Rat Rod 008.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

MoabRim 2007 Jeep.jpg

Some Beach... Somewhere. 015.jpg

Suzuki RV 90 006.jpg

OK, the last one isn't actually the Harley...I was just seeing if you were paying attention...

Band saw vertical 005.jpg

Bruce
aka:401ton

I like all your stuff. Nice Jeep, the landscape looks like my neck of the woods.
So I am guessing the new ride will have a blown 401? I put one in a monster truck one time and it had plenty of power.

I like all your stuff. Nice Jeep, the landscape looks like my neck of the woods.
So I am guessing the new ride will have a blown 401? I put one in a monster truck one time and it had plenty of power.

Thanks! Jeep picture was MOAB 2007.

I have a spare 401 that I was going to slap a re-ring and bearing kit in and hope for the best. Roots blower would probably be 8-10k range for a AMC, maybe more... It sucks that I can't even get a used tunnel ram or dual carb for an AMC at a reasonble price...sigh. Oh well, my choice.

I like your site and Rat Rod. What size rear tires do you have? I was thinking with using wide rear rollers myself.

Welcome to RRR from Davenport! That cab looks solid enough. What year is that Harley?

Thanks!

The cab was pretty decent. Of course I do have some work to do down low, but really happy with it overall.

My Harley is a 2002 Dyna Wide Glide. Only 14,000 miles on it so far. Too much money in it to ever Bob it or Rat it out. The Suzuki RV-90 only has 3,400 or so and is a early or mid 70's. Fun little pit bike I never use and am trying to sell.

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D

BoB

I did start a build thread awhile back, unfortunately I haven't gotten much done to it in the last couple months though...

100_0104.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Hoping to get back to it this Spring.

Hi from Omaha. The guys up at Northside autobody in desmoines have my 71 Firebird now...
I needed to pay some bills.
Had a ladyfreind Barbara I was sweet on... red haired gal with freckles about 43 used to manage the duel desk at the Pilot on the west end. her nickname was Beep! she liked cars.
I havn't seen her in a long time she got back with her ex I think. I knew a couple other people at the Pilot but can't remember their names just their faces. I can't say how many millions of people I've met over the last 5 years.

Latest posts

Back