Hello from KY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcdimis

Stumble across the site while doing a google search for grill shells and thought I would check it out. I have built a few cars over the years (mostly muscle cars) and stumbled across a 36 chevy sitting in the weeds behind my neighbors barn. I got it home and decided it would be way too much work to try and restore so I decided to build it with whatever parts I can find. I pulled the body and have it sitting on a S-10 frame that I have installed a rack and pinion set up on, I found a pair of front fenders that I am going to try and use but not sure how its gonna look. Anyrate thanks for all the info and pics I am sure I will be around for awhile.
Later

Attachments

• fenders.jpg
    fenders.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 14
  • mychevy.jpg
    mychevy.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 17
Welcome from a former Kentuckian. Nice start. Keep us posted on your progress with a build thread & LOTS of pictures.

I will get some better pics up this weekend.
I used the rack from a dodge caravan and fabed the mounting brackets, a company called unisteer makes a bolt on kit but it's pretty pricey. The hardest part is making the steering linkages, I am sure I will have to modify it more later on once i get to drive it but I had to do something to get rid of the stock steering box.

Thanks for welcome guys, I have been collecting parts for awhile now and hope that within the next couple of months can make a big impact on the project. I have a couple of smaller projects to finish before I get started so it may be a few weeks before I start a build thread. I am working on a mini pulling tractor for my son (got a 73 CB750 engine on a lawn tractor:eek:) the second project is my brother in laws 48 chrysler 4 door (goin old school ganster on it). If interested I will can post pictures of the other projects I have goin on.
Later

yep

ya, the mini puller sounds cool. l have 750cc honda motor l plan to stick in a 1960 cushman truckster:D

l also have a 1946-1948 Chrysler windser l am stick on a 2001 dirt car modified chassis to make a street legal race car.

so please do post pics/build of the projects:D[cl

Later :cool:

Latest posts

Back