hello from maine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

41fred207

hi, my name is fred (if you couldn't guess). i live in the land of moose, wood and lobster. i'm a carpenter by trade. started my rod addiction with a '41 ford fordor sedan. did every thing my self except paint ( my brother) including interior, body and wiring harness. never happy with what i have (the grass is allways greener and so forth) so i traded it for a custom '76 vette with the 4-speed. beat that for a summer and traded for a 29 ford rpu (needed some thing OLD again i guess) powered by a 4-banger with a lion speed head and down draft carb. a friend had to have it, so i weaseled a 97 suburban (for the wife as her car was junk) and my current ride, a '47 ford p/u with a napa crate motor and brand new tunnle ram with holly 450's and a 5-speed. i drive it in the summer and work on it in the winter. just finishing a 4" chop and doing some light body work to get it in primer. will i get booted from this site if i paint it? i've been on a few sites, but they either shoot for original or traditional. i can't afford either, and i want some-thing that represents me (not henry ford or chip foooose).

welcome to the site i dont think anybody will boot ya if you paint her. everybody here is real good people and im glad to see another tunnel ram guy.

Welcome to RRR, I consider rust, primer, and paint all colors, rust holes are for air flow. does not bother me which one ya go with, all good here.

Welcome Fred . people here like all types if it old and built good , lots of out of the box builds .

here you go

try to keep the slams to a minimum please as i know there all junk!

Attachments

• 76C.jpg
    76C.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 762.jpg
    762.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 76D.jpg
    76D.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 76F.jpg
    76F.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 5
  • cowl and corners 012.jpg
    cowl and corners 012.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 7
welcome to the site! we're not gonna run anyone off b/c they painted their ride...this forum's folks are pretty laid back -even this preacher seems to get along w/them:D

looks like you enjoy your rides...:cool:

thanks for the welcome guys. sorry for the small pics, maybe i can resize next time. i look forward to participating in the forums and following some of the build threads. i especially like the tool tech threads. oh, and by the way scrap prices here in the north east are HIGH right now, lol !!

Latest posts

Back