Hello from Maine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordFanatic

Good morning. This site was recommended to me by Don of Don's Hot Rods. Don speaks very highly of the folks here. I hope I can learn from you guys and possibly share some of my knowledge.

I live in Maine and spend much of my free time working on my projects. I have a 48 Ford coupe that I drive the wheels off of and I'm in the process of building what I guess you would call a 47 Ford "Bobber" pickup.

John

Don :confused: Don :confused: Don :confused: Oh Don :eek:
We're glad to have you on board, Welcome :)
And yes pics are a must in case Don didn't tell you [P

Jim

Welcome to RRR!

Don? You mean DonsRods, a.k.a. California Don the famous hot rod builder? He's a Ebay legend! :D

I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how. I took the Bobber apart just last weekend and now have parts and pieces scattered, but I'll see if I have a picture. My 48 coupe is more of a street rod....SBC , 700R4 , power MII , etc, but I'll post a picture as soon a s possible.

And thanks again for the welcome messages.

Welcome

You came to the right place Thank's Don You will really like it here nobody will knock your build or yourself I found out the hard way on { H A M B } I enjoy it here [P and you will toooooo

I hear ya T Driver. From what I've seen I'm going to like this site. I do have to learn how to post pictures though ( that probably sounds stupid ..I just haven't had the time yet to figure it out ). The Bobber is actually a father-son project but my son hasn't shown any real interest. So I stopped the build and put everything in storage until I could decide what to do with it. This site is getting the juices flowing again so I might have to drag things back out and get going on it again. Just wish I could get my son interested.

bobber truck

Don :confused:........never heard of him! [ddd

Welcome aboard, we'd love to see some pics of your car and truck!

Oh, and most folks here speak pretty highly of that Don guy too. :D

hello there i live in RI and i am also building a 47 ford bobber frame up i do everything so hope to see some pic's here on your build i will upload some of mine and share some thoughts

Welcome to RRR..get the pic thing figured out and show us your rod and your bobber project..I'm building a 48 bobber style myself..In case nobody has mentioned it, we like pictures:D:D

Pictures

Well, I think I have it. Attached is a picture of my 48 Coupe and a picture of the 47 bobber when I was mocking it up. I've taken the bobber apart and don't have any recent pictures. I ended up with a 41 Ford front axle set up for hairpins. I have an 8-ich Ford rear end under and when I stopped working on it I was struggling with what rear suspension to use.

Attachments

• DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 47 Ford PU.jpg
    47 Ford PU.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5
You wanted pictures.....

here are a few.

Attachments

• Coupe 001.jpg
    Coupe 001.jpg