hello from MD.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello, all
just got an idea in my head the other day (probably a bad one) and searched rat rod on google, and found this site... COOL!

Thinking of biulding my first rat rod. I have played with cars my whole life. but was never really to good at all that paint and polish part. I have built a few stockcars in my time. get to kinda make your own rules to a point. my last one was a 57 chevy dirt car

I built the tail lights and simulated chrome 1/4 trim. I still own part of that car.
I took up the corvette hobby but ran into ....well a guardrail.

depending on how ins falls, I am thinking of using the vette chassis with a chopped and channeled 55 nomad rear body with an open engine and vintage style upright radiator and grill.

all in my head right, but I think I will put pencil to paper and drawl something up this week.

Welcome to the site
The 57 150 Black Widow is a good lookin car
Not sure on your other idea till I see some renditions of your thoughts

welcome from RI. Looks like a cool idea. this site has a lot of info and support. I thought Nomads were a little to valuable to chop up, but it's your car do what you like. Good luck and keep us posted.

the nomad is a wrecked rusted and stripped parts car that will come with a 56 nomad that I will restore/hotrod. I wouldn't destroy a rare classic that was worth saving.

looking around the net someone has already had my idea
57 wagon, but same concept

welcome to rrr. when i was a teen, family members and family friends were into dirt track stock cars. my ex-uncle had a 55 chevy setting on a 3/4 truck frame you set in the middle of the car. it was powered by a 350 with 2-4 cross ram intake, those were the days. love seeing those type of stock cars.

Pick up the latest issue of rr mag. That was one of the cars from this years build off. Personally, I don't like the idea of the wheels pushed forward or the lack of front fenders on the tri fives. I'd use the corvette drive train except for the rear end. A Chevy ten bolt would be easier to transplant in the rear of a tri five than the corvette rear end.

Latest posts

Back