Hello from Mid MI.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

34fletch

Im Jake, im 19 and i live in wonderful Flint, MI. I just bought a 34-36 Chevy dump truck front half. I plan on making it a hot rod. some may say rat but i feel that term is throwin around too much. well here it is let me know what you think. also if you guys can help me pin point the year of the truck it would be great =D

l_6241f60fb4fa455cb272928aeebff0d3.jpg

l_918bab614d0c4db0ad98b01001727ce8.jpg

l_f7f76fa058fb498ebf3f423d5188d27d.jpg

tearing it down to get the cab off the frame and start cleaning it up.
l_66fd0f4aff184164abd82a0b976d80e6.jpg

I work at Advance auto parts and about to go to school. this will take awhile but look forward to building it with my Father, and maybe grandfather.

Welcome to RRR, 34fletch. Nice looking cab. Get both dad & gramps involved, the enjoyment & memories of the build will be priceless.

Very nice truck fletch. Welcome to RRR and good luck with it. By the way, we don't much get caught up in labels around here.

Welcome!!!

Fletch,
Love the truck... gonna make a beautiful rod!!! Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Be sure to take lots of pictures & share with us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!!

BoB

welcome! I'm Justin 21 from Chesaning,MI about 40 minutes north of you...I play ice hockey out in Flint and belong to a car club out there

nice looking truck, cant wait to see what you do to it

Cool truck! It's good to hear your planning a project with your family involved! I'm sure you'll have a great time working on it with your Dad and Grandpa. Welcome to the site 34Fletch. Remember - pictures are worth a thousand words around here! We like pics, lots of them!!

Thunder

thanks guys. my plans so far is to build or buy a custom frame. My father and grandfather build engines for a living, if any of you been around Flint prolly heard of Fletcher's Engine service or Fletcher's Engine. So i have plenty options for motors. been thinking about a BBC =D but not set in stone yet. I wanna stick with a straight axle up front, prolly ford 9" in the rear. btw prolly wont be any chopping going on =D

Sounds like a good plan 34. I'm with you on the decision not to chop it. Chopping is cool and all but it's so overdone nowadays that I'm against doing it on my truck too. There's nothing wrong with going with a stock cab!!!!! There are other alternatives. People just need to use them.

Thunder

lol my ma actually went with me to look at it and paid half for it! Well its pretty big thing in my family that i bought a Chevy. All my cars since i was 15 were foreign cars, right now i have 3 Vws lol . I did a bit more cleaning today, and took the other door off, i have some rot in the lower right corner but looks sweet for a 70 year old truck. also i noticed that most of the interior pieces are put in with a screw that looks like an hour glass. any idea what they call em?

thanks for the kind words.

Latest posts

Back