Hello from Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rande

Hi, name is Rande. Building a '37 Chevy pickup. First ground-up build. I've been into old cars for a while, have had a '66 Mustang for about 8 years now. My brother has a few hotrods and I decided to build the truck when I found this cab. I also have a '37 IH in a friend's barn (really) and a '65 Kaiser Gladiator that is a future project.

Here's a few pics of them. Looking forward to looking around the site.

Attachments

• rod1a.jpg
    rod1a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 41
  • binder8.jpg
    binder8.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 65J300.jpg
    65J300.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 23
  • paint4.jpg
    paint4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 20
Hey Rande , Welcome to RRR! I see ya got a good start on the '37 . Lookin' Good . Where's all the snow ? Must be pics from a while back. I'm in So. Mn. and we've been buried in white for so long I can't stand it!

Greets,

O-la, brutha minnesotan... Where ya located? Am in excelsior...
Cool 37, am building a 40 chev rat, trying to figure out how much to bob the bed?? Any re4comendations are welcome...
Welcome
d/b

Attachments

• MU TRUCK.jpg
    MU TRUCK.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 14
Thanks guys.

Dougie, for the bed, I built a plywood mock-up to check length and get a good look at what it would look like. If you look close at the pics, you can see the bed is made of wood. We made the angled top rails and fake stake pockets. This let us (my brother and I) see how long it should be and how tall it should be to get the look I wanted. I have no bed to start with so I can make my own as I want it. Building a bed like this will allow you to see it in real life and easily make changes before you start cutting metal.

A bit more info about the truck. Engine is Buick 263 straight eight, tranny is Ford T5, rear end is Exploder. Rear springs are ScoutII front leafs, front axle and suspension is from Speedway. Grille shell is '23 Overland, headlights are Harley, seats are '80 Mini Cooper, steering column is '64 Kaiser Gladiator.

The cars you see in the background of my pics belong to my friend Jeff. We built a shop on his farmstead and that is where I am doing the work. Its 60 miles away but we have all the stuff there.

Attachments

• rod2a-1.jpg
    rod2a-1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • rod3a.jpg
    rod3a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back