Hello from Minnisooda

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatbedAndy

:cool:I've been readin' posts on here for a while and thought i'd drop in , say howdy . Liv'n up 'ear in Mn. My cars have always been Rats , but just not at the time. Most had primer and were always a "work in progress" First car: 53 Ford Customline 2dr. Let my brother drive it one day and he get's T boned at the stop and go lights ! So I make a deal with him and get his 56 Victoria. White over Peacock Blue and primer. 292 w 312 heads and dual exh. Fordomatic , Remember those ? had D and Lo but was a 3 speed. Start out in Lo, wind er up ,shift to D and right back to Lo , that is second and the tires would "chirp" with excitment, hang on to yer hat! Those were the days!
I've been thinkin' of starting a project. I have a lota parts. I would like to build up a 53 F350 "TONNER" . Has 17 in. wheels and 9 ft box. It's already "ratted out" . Those darn mice chew up all the uppolstery and padding and make a nest somewhere,I know they were in the bellhousing and made the starter shaft rust so it wont engage. Anyway I was thinkin' lower and dual wheels on the back, with a shorter flatbed Ford script, Out front I'd use the orig axel , moved forward at least under the rad. maybe in front of, and maybe quarter eliptics, don't realy want frame sticking out in front. Oh and no fenders. I like to see em with the orig. hood, cause the cowl looks funny without. Will try to get some pics on here

53 F350 Tonner

Some of what I have ta work with

Attachments

• 2009_03030008.jpg
    2009_03030008.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2009_03030010.jpg
    2009_03030010.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2009_03030004.jpg
    2009_03030004.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
53 Tonner

I've seen very few of these , this one was on eBay

Attachments

• !BobvBzw!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-DkEuY-t54vGBLn(llf2p!~~_3.jpg
    !BobvBzw!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-DkEuY-t54vGBLn(llf2p!~~_3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 10
  • !BobvHCg!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLn(l2Nq7!~~_3.jpg
    !BobvHCg!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLn(l2Nq7!~~_3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 12
  • !BobvTy!CGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEuYLIK3lpBLn(mhkzDg~~_3.jpg
    !BobvTy!CGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEuYLIK3lpBLn(mhkzDg~~_3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to RRR!

I agree about the cowl. Don't think I've seen a 53 with the hood - but I could see it. So your not gonna keep the huge bed?

Welcome to RRR!

I agree about the cowl. Don't think I've seen a 53 with the hood - but I could see it. So your not gonna keep the huge bed?

I hade a scale model mocked up with just the hood and I figgured it would look good if the truck is low enough. I had concidered useing a Bronco frame , you will be glad to hear I've decided not to ! And that 9' bed should be enough for 2 trucks !! But I am partial to the flatbed look.

Latest posts

Back