Hello From NC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probchld1953

Linked over from KillBillit. I will hang out, look around and learn things, even if you tell me you don't like my idea for a "Hot Rod". The other site didn't like it cause it aint american. I say it will be a Hot Rod, and if that aint american, then what is. Anyway, my V8 S10 is ready for paint, so on to planning the next project. It is a (here it comes) Suzuki Samurai two wheel drive with a straight front axel. It will get stretched thirity-six inches, lowered and run a 350/350 combo. It will look something like this. Anyway, glad I found the site.

Attachments

• Sammy Rat10.JPG
    Sammy Rat10.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to the site. I think its a great idea. What do you plan on doing as far as rear end and suspension?

Thanks, It will have a Ford 8.8 I think with 3:73's. It should be wide enough to get the wheels outside the body. The front is a straight axel with leaf springs. I'm told a small number of Sammys were two wheeled. I want to get the front out front, so I plan to use a single spring and hairpins I think. That is if I can save the front axel. I just got the body and it was sitting up for a while, so who knowes. If I have to I will buy another tube type axel.

Welcome to the site..

I agree, build what ever you want.. it's yours, not anyone elses..

Where in NC are you?

I'm here in Wilmington

Welcome to RRR ! That will be a different Hot Rod & different is good ! Once you get back started, post pics of you build. I'm sure all will be interested to see this one take shape.

welcome, and this looks interesting

I see that great minds think alike, or at least similarly (is that a word?)

I look forward to seeing your build progress, and I see that you found mine.

We used to live just outside of Wilmington, NC

440shorty

Latest posts

Back