Hello from NY!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drptop70ss

Hi, just found this site a couple of days ago. I have been messing with mostly 55 to 72 GM muscle cars for many years but recently decided to build a rat rod for fun. Little different though, it is a 37 buick special that I started working on almost a year ago and should be done in the next month. Original chassis and drive train was saved for a friend who likes original parts, I put this on an S10 chassis. Here is a recent picture, I have most of the build documented in pictures, so maybe I will put up a build thread, I love reading them and watching the cars come together.

146.jpg

112-1.jpg

096.jpg

thats cool im looking to get a 38 buick front clip is gone but i was gone do an open front end on it and chop the top on it ...glad to hear it will fit on an s-10 frame

Thanks for the welcome!

welcome from out west, Buick looks rust free from what we can see.

Well, it is pretty solid now, not so much when I got it :D

030.jpg

023-1.jpg

029.jpg

I will get pics together for a build thread.

It was actually a lot of work putting it on an S10 frame, and the steering box up front makes it impossible to get the front wheel perfectly centered in the fender unless you want the car to sit high. For this style car if I were to do it again I would clip it with a rear steer subframe, 68-74 nova, 67-69 camaro, etc.

Welcome to RRR from a former NY'er. All said & done , it's a good looking ride.[cl Looking forward to seeing the build.[dr

Thanks, I put up a build thread with a bunch of pics I took during the build, car is almost done but it was fun looking at the pics again. Build threads always give me the push to keep going on a project car, reading them here has been great!

Latest posts

Back