Hello From Pa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufslouis

Hey all,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Louis and I am a teacher from PA. I have always loved cars. My first ride was a 69 plymouth valiant. I loved that car. As I got more and more into cars I began to get into fally racing etc... I veared away from old cars and bought an 02 Subaru WRX. After years of dishing out tons of cash on the car I am finnaly ready to switch over to my original passion for old cars.

Now that my wife and I just bought a house and we have a great garage that I can work in I decided to sell the subaru, get a junker for dd and start building a rat rod. This is a new venture for me but one that my wife supports as she knows that aside from getting tattooed cars are my life.

Any advice that you guys could throw up on good places to start looking around would be great. Is there a good how to guide? I can weld, do body work etc... I am just a bit dumb founded as to where to begin.

Thanks

Hey Louis,
Welcome...these guys are great. I have found just looking at past posts, they are ready to give advice and it is usually right on. Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to RRR Louis. Well a couple of good place to start looking would be your local paper, Craigs List, Classic Car Trader or E-bay. E-bay can be dicey, unless it's a car that's local and you can look at it first. Plus the fact it is an auction and bidders can drive prices up to the unreasonable, especially if they have buddy bidding to drive the price up. Fortunately I have bought 3 on E-bay (all 3 buy it now) and didn't have regrets.

Sites like this one or,the HAMB, and KillBillet always has cars for sale. Check with local car clubs, drive through alleys and look in back yards (don't get shot though :eek:), take a drive out in the country you might be suprised what you can find out there.

Good Luck hunting and have fun.

Thanks for the advice. I was really hoping to find an old car and really be able to put my personality into it. I think that there is much more leway in older cars to be creative then in newer.

I am just a bit dumb founded as to where to begin.

Er... at the beginning! Just kiddin' & welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! When u get a project... be sure to post some fotos!

BoB

Er... at the beginning! Just kiddin' & welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! When u get a project... be sure to post some fotos!

BoB

Don't worry, Ill be sure to post the crap out of my project, now I just have to decide. I know that it is going to have a matte paint job and be slammed to the ground. Aside from that I am up in the air as to body style etc... I just know that I need a 4 seater. I like the 40's mercury fastbacks perhaps with some old skool flash on the back. As soon as I see a car I'll know and scoop it up.

Welcome to RRR, Louis. It's always a big plus when the wife is agreeable & into the car thing with you. dmw hit the nail on the head about where to look for a ride. When you find the one you want you'll know it. There's a lot of great info in the posts on the board & lots of knowedge that these folks here are more than willing to share. Good luck on your search.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, ufslouis. Good luck on your search...
But be sure to post photos when you find "it".
Or, sometimes "it" will find you, believe it or not... ;) '22

Latest posts

Back