Hello from West MI

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coostv

Hey everyone. After two unsuccessful attempts at registering on another RR site I said forget it and went looking for this one (I saw rrr.com posted in a thread). Apparently I was deemed not worthy even though they have over 11k members...

Enough of that. I have been into cars since I was 8. I had my first introduction to speed and power at about that time. I had one neighbor with a nasty 65 or 66 convertible Mustang bearing full slicks and a cage (bear in mind this was about '81 or so) and his kids had Chevelles, Camaros, and there was a 69 or so Road Runner complete with a beepbeep horn and functional scoop. Another neighbor had a 57 nomad and a 69 Camaro. Yet another neighbor had a 72 or so Formula Firebird. Needless to say I was bit hard.

Throughout the years I have had several different what I would consider cool rides. Couple of fairly fast 84-92 5.0 Mustangs, 351w powered '86 T-Bird T-Coupe, 351w '80 Pinto, 390/c6 '66 F100 S/B, 355 SBC (dyno'd at 477 RWHP) powered '72 Gremlin (probably the most fun you could have in a purple car). After the Mustangs I decided I wanted to be different from the crowd hence the oddball stuff.

Now, I am at a point in my life where shiny stuff is cool, but a well done clean looking and good driving car is what I am after. It may take me a year or more to get going on something. I have been unemployed for the last 8 months (well, I had a temp job for 3mo in that time) and have no idea if I will even be able to keep the shop and house I worked so hard for without selling it and moving on. And, as I just proved recently, I will sell anything I own no matter the time and effort I put into it. My last ride was completed in June and sold in July, I had to complete it to get any money out of it anyway.

My idea of a Rat Rod is not so much the rusty looking cars I see (while still very cool) but rather a car that is not all glam and chrome. I would also rather build the body myself to resemble a sedan delivery from the late 20's early 30's. I would also like to have a shiny roof and suede sides I am thinking about possibly pearl white top with black sides and some sort of hand done lettering on the doors depicting my business I am working on starting.

Maybe this is not what this site is all about, but from reading through some of the posts I see a varied and diverse group of cars and trucks represented here and hope that I will fit in the mix somewhere.

Sorry for the long intro,

Chris

A pinto with a 351 sounds cool to me. A little bit of everything on this site. Keep us posted when you start your build. Welcome to RRR.

Before they join here, one of the requirements from people from Cedar Springs, is that they must have owned at least one purple Gremlin. So I see you have that covered.
Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Everyone should own a purple Gremlin at some point. Builds character :D Or thick skin :eek:

ka4gh3.jpg

I still need to come out of my shell and visit some of the other car shows in this state. Aside from St. Ignace, I have only been to a handful of them. I live 25 miles from where they hold the Metro Cruise and I still have not been to that!

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome , Chris. I love that grape Gremlin. Good luck with the job hunt, hope all turns out well for you. Vent here anytime. In the meanwhile, enjoy your time here with us.

I see a varied and diverse group of cars and trucks represented here and hope that I will fit in the mix somewhere.

84-92 5.0 Mustangs, 351w powered '86 T-Bird T-Coupe, 351w '80 Pinto, 390/c6 '66 F100 S/B, 355 SBC (dyno'd at 477 RWHP) powered '72 Gremlin

From the looks of some of your rides,,,,,you fit in here just fine & we all fit like square pegs in round holes. :D:D:D

Welcome to RRR, Chris. You'll be right at home here.

Welcome Chris....you talk good! :D I had a gremlin once, rebuilding the carb solved the problem. Have fun here and post lots of pics, please.

Man, that's the coolest Gremlin I've ever seen! Cool car Chris! Welcome to RRR. Glad to have you here. We have the greatest people in hot rodding & rat rods right here. This site has set the standard the others only wish they could achieve. We have amazing people here. No B.S. politics to worry about, and nobody to bad mouth your ideas. Just good people.

Thunder

Welcome to RRR. You'll be just fine here. We like all types of cars and love to see pictures of them all. I really love the Gremlin but I like AMCs and I have a 70 AMX.

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Again thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I will be able to wrangle up some steel and start spark'n n arc'n.

I will most definitely include pictures of any build I do start. Build threads are useless without pictures.

Chris

Again thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I will be able to wrangle up some steel and start spark'n n arc'n.

I will most definitely include pictures of any build I do start. Build threads are useless without pictures.

Chris

yeah a lot of us on here read without words better than anything else.

welcome

Iam new here to I live in grant. I work just north of cedar where the big rock is. I helped izzy with his car. Iam about to start a car of my own hopefully will have pics soon.

Latest posts

Back