Hello, New Rat from New Jersey..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dajerseyrat

Hello all,

I am the new owner of a custom built 1946 Chevy pick up truck/Rat Rod..Truck is chopped and dropped..Custom built frame, with a 10 bolt rear on coilovers, buggy spring up front, small block chevy with a glide..Car looks great and I didnt build it myself and I know that is a bit shunned upon in the rat rod community, however will be adding my own flare to it.

I plan on putting in a blown 355 small block and cleaning up the interior a bit..As of right now the engine is a bit tired and smokes on start up, could use a freshen up..

I am in Central NJ right near Raceway park (yeah for the swap meets)so will have some fun just cruising it..Looking to keep it for a few years then move on to something else..

The guy I got it from owned a custom motorcycle shop, and painted it on the door, so leaving that for now until I can afford a repaint..

Here are some shots

100_2480.jpg

100_2482.jpg

100_2481.jpg

100_2489.jpg

100_2492.jpg

Welcome to the triple R. Nice truck!

Beercan

Thank you sir..Need to fix a few small things..Linkage is a little funky, kicks out of drive unless I hold the shifter.

Want to carpet the interior, side windows are the original ones so they dont roll up far, need to get custom made glass for it..

Engine is a bit weak, smokes on start up..Gonna put an electric fan in it..Few little things..

Currently it has an old Pepsi bottle as the overflow, and a Pepsi bottle opener mounted on the rear..Pretty cool.

Welcome to the site, That is a very nice truck,looks like the guy did a good job building it. Since the doors look flat black probably wouldnt be a big deal to repaint just them,but looks cool with the lettering also,and I like the color combo .

The lettering is pinstripe paint..Im wondering if there is anything that would remove it safely and leave the paint underneath in good condition..The black is a flat black with a flat clear.

welcome to the RRR! buying a project and adding finishing touches is sometimes the wisest way to go......
so join in, add your personal flare to that truck and enjoy it!!!!:cool:

Welcome to the site. Real nice looking rat. Join right in
thank you sir..Takes a bit getting used to driving for sure..Seeing out of the windshield requires me ducking down a bit..lol perhaps some lower bucket seats would help..

Anyone have any suggestions for me on making the car a bit nicer and drivable? Also anyone know where I can get the side windows custom made or cut to fit the chopped roof?

Welcome to the site..nice truck. It'll be alot a fun for you. Try "easyoff oven cleaner" to remove the lettering, be gentle with a paper towel...[P

Welcome , I don't have answers for your questions , but you can always build your own seat to suite you and have it covered . It's a really cool truck !

i love the truck -
only things id do would be to drop the free advertising
and throw a larger gas tank on it
and probably change the seats if i were tall - but im not.

Latest posts

Back