Hello Rat Rod world

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

from_rust_to_rod

My name is Keith Gauvin and live I in Mass. Ive owned a '70 c-10 and a '86 custom that I have restored and also have lifted plenty of jeeps. Ive always liked to tinker around. Im a welder and machinist by trade. Rat Rods have always turned my head and now I want to try my hand at one. Im only 29 years old so its a good time to start. Im interested in chevy. Coupe, truck or sedan. Not really a big motor guy just the basics with a little more so I need something that is a driving project. Or maybe the hard work is done and needs a little personal style. Any ideas? with alittle guidance.

Welcome to RRR! All I can say is start looking for that 1/2 done project or a roller. Since you're a welder, what part of it would you consider hard?

Depends on how much time you want to put in. Plenty of welders here have built their cars from scratch. As far as motor, the most basic is a chev 350, but these days you can run a 6 or a blown hemi, and still have a cool car.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site. Whatever you work on is what you have to live with. So do it to your own taste.

Hi Keith, welcome to the site.
Searchtempest is a good way to search craigslist in all the states at once if you don't already know about it and here's the link
http://www.searchtempest.com/
Good luck and don't be concerned with the drive train we'll help ;)

Hey Keith Gauvin

Welcome to the wonderful world of rust and patina. I am Willys Jeep guy for about 4 years now. If you wanna do a rat rod jeep I know of a guy in Stephentown NY that has a yard full of pieces and parts. Mostly flat fenders with tons of rust attached. Just a thought.
MikeC

Project

Just find what you like or have always wanted .
It will help keep you motivated and you wont wish you had something else... My 2 cents
butt hey dont listen to me !
I am lost 2;)

Latest posts

Back