Hello to all from MN

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64travelette

Hey all, I am new to this board. I live in Eagan, MN. I have been into cars for as long as I can remember. My dad was a car guy, not so much a wrench. He had some killer rides... I wish I had just one of his oldies.
I am into motorcycles, 4x4's and I really wanted a rat rod/street car/truck.
My latest build is a 1964 2wd International Travelette. I had dreams about driving and working on this truck before I even owned it. I am tearing some stuff off, engine, trans, wiring, maybe the rear end and adding some stuff, 350 Chevy, TH350 trans, 9" rear, tires, windshield, etc. I have already learned quite a bit on this site and plan on learning a lot more. Thanks, Jeff

Thank you guys, here are some pics. This is the current project:

64sideview1.jpg

This is the day I picked it up. I will post pics after I roll it out of the garage.

Here is the 2003 FXD I "modified", I sold it 2 years ago:

FXDrs.jpg

I built a 1993 Suzuki Sidekick last year:

93kick001.jpg

I sold that too in May of this year. I have a bomber Samurai that I off road with, and I have another motorcycle project that I will start this winter but right now my focus is the IH. I am getting really close and really excited to get this one done so my family can roll in it. It won't be done for Back to the 50's I don't think. Soon though! livingdeadguy, I hope to see you around too. I made it to the blackmass show but missed the frankenstieners 2 weekends ago...

Last edited:
I was cruizing around the site looking at the builds and it dawned on me that I forgot to post a pic from the running driving travelette. I got the engine installed, plumbed and wired, the driveline aligned, the trans installed and hooked up, the driveshaft installed, the 9" ford rear end installed, fired it up, got the brakes working (modified, 11.9" discs in the front, 9" drum rear, vacuum assist power brake master cylinder, etc) and backed it out of the garage. The front sits as I wanted but the rear is still too high. I am not going to let that keep me from driving the crap out of it this spring/summer/fall.

64ih002.jpg

64ih001.jpg

Let me know what you think. I have to finish the wiring, get some exhaust on it and try to fix the damn door latches. Oh yeah, 5 seat belts required too.

Last edited:
That is way cool! I wouldn't change a thing - even the little stickers on the windshield. :D[S I'm gonna be straight with you though... it ain't the prettiest gal at the dance....but it sure has character!

Welcome to RRR, your Travelette looks great!

I just bought this '68 Travelette Campermobile, it has 47,000 original miles on it and original paint. I have been looking for one of these for years, it is a keeper!

Regards,
Mat

LeftSide.jpg

Latest posts

Back