Hello to all, I'm new here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittcrew

I have been facinated with these kinds of builds and love to see the workmanship and creativity.

I am resurecting a rusted out 68 AMX drag car that I bought out of a JY in PA.

Not a traditional Hot rod but I am using some of the ideas here to complete my build. Not a restoration just fix the terminal rust maintain the late 60's period look and put the car on the street.

Brooke Pitt

Welcome to RRR.
A lot us of here own more than just Rat Rods.
Here's my 70 AMX

IMG_0433.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Welcome to RRR, Pittcrew. Always liked the AMX/Javelins. AMC never got enough credit for their muscle cars. Sam's right, gotta have pics if you mention the car. :D

Sorry I violated the mandatory pic posting rule!;)
New here and already screwing it up, It won't happen again.:D

I honestly thought the car was too new to be of interest to anyone so I didn't include a pic of it in my last post.

As I said the car came out of a Junk Yard in York PA. I am in Utah in the Ogden area.
The car is very very rusty and is missing a lot of pieces. No engine No trans etc. But the car has a character about it and I had to have it.
I have what I need to put it back together I am just working on the rust issues right now.

I want to preserve the patina the best I can. I also want to add some more lettering and figure out how to distress it to match the rest.

Brooke

Attachments

• 52009 029rs.jpg
    52009 029rs.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 60109 012rs.jpg
    60109 012rs.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to RRR. You'll find that you you won't get beat up around here for posting something that might be OT. The folks here like all kinds of car related stuff. Not posting pics though.....that'll cause some trouble :D

a little cancer surgery..a little heart transplant....a whole lotta hot-rod!!!

any old race car w/lettering is cool in my book-even an amc:eek:;):D

don't forget to update us occasionally...

Latest posts

Back