Hello To All

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodsByJon

Whats up everybody, Im a senior in high school who has a passion for old trucks! I am Currently working on a 1940 chevy truck, turning it into a Rat Rod. Powering the truck will be a Small Block chevy 383 with about 500 + hp when im done building it. I am doing all work by myself in my 2 car garage! I will post pictures later. Just wanted to introduce myself!
Thanks,
Jon

Welcome.....

Sounds like a great project....best of luck on your build.... make sure you post some pic's.....[cl

Here are some pictures of my truck. It is sitting on a modern s10 frame. I am excited to start the build. I just got it farm fresh from Wisconsin.

Attachments

• 40chevy1.jpg
    40chevy1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 40chevy2.jpg
    40chevy2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to RRR!

Looks like a solid body. What are your plans? Fenderless? Straight axle?

Where ya from?

Looks good HBJ....

What a great beginning..... now post the pics to the builds forum and start a thread there.... keep us posted of your progress and keep those pics coming..... When I was your age I was rebuilding taxi cab motors after school and loving every minute of it..... great to see guys your age getting down and dirty..... :D

Thanks, and I wanna have fenders with drop spindles in front and lowering blocks in back. Thanks to all who have posted! Oh and I'm from Illinois near Schaumburg. My dad got me into all of this stuff, I come from a family of mechanics so I love working on cars!

Just a suggestion....

Thanks, and I wanna have fenders with drop spindles in front and lowering blocks in back. Thanks to all who have posted! Oh and I'm from Illinois near Schaumburg. My dad got me into all of this stuff, I come from a family of mechanics so I love working on cars!

unless you can afford the dropped spindles and you want to save some cash... step the lower control arms.... I build spring buckets in my gmc (see the post) but if I had to do it again, I'd step the lower control arms.... heres some pics of the stepped a arms.... just to get an idea.... much less work than how I did mine....live and learn...see you can teach a old dog new tricks....[cl

Attachments

• stepped a arm.jpg
    stepped a arm.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • stepped a arm2 jpg.jpg
    stepped a arm2 jpg.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11
Jon, welcome to RRR. It's great to have guys your age interested in Rats! I've always loved the '39/40 Chevy PUs and yours looks like a great starting point. I'm also glad to hear you are planning to go full fendered[cl cause in my opinion these are some of the coolest fat fenders ever made. Like mentioned earlier, start a build thread and keep us posted.
Here's a pic of my friend Joe's truck just to spur you along:D

Joespickup.jpg

Jon, welcome to RRR. It's great to have guys your age interested in Rats! I've always loved the '39/40 Chevy PUs and yours looks like a great starting point. I'm also glad to hear you are planning to go full fendered[cl cause in my opinion these are some of the coolest fat fenders ever made. Like mentioned earlier, start a build thread and keep us posted.
Here's a pic of my friend Joe's truck just to spur you along:D

Joespickup.jpg

Snake Farm, I totally agree about the fenders it gives the truck its character! and thanks for the picture that truck looks awesome! To everyone else thanks again for the welcome! I will post it in the build area soon!

Latest posts

Back