Help identify this cowl

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooligan36

I bough this last night for $100.00. Im trying to identify what year and make this is. The owner said he believed it was a 1920's Buick.... any ideas?

cowl001.jpg

cowl002.jpg

cowl003.jpg

cowl004.jpg

My plans are to make a roadster tub from it. I aquired a very cheap Speedway front axle setup that is brand new, $20.00 for a 1965 Ford 8" rear, I have a 25 Chrysler grille, and a set of model A 17" spoked wheels.

The only thing that led me to think it might have been a Buick was I found a picture of a very similar dash, but this is all new to me. It isnt real easy to find a cowl that isnt rusted out at the bottom so I jumped on this as soon as I had seen it. The only reason I ask is im trying to figure out how I am going to do the windsheild

here is a pic of a `25 Maxwell , 1925 was the last year of the Maxwell , it was absorbed by Chrysler in 1926 , the Maxwell name dissappeared but the company didn`t , it came back in 1928 known as Plymouth. Chrysler built the body`s for Maxwell in `25 so your grill shell should work perfectly. good luck with your project.......`24

Attachments

• 1925%20Maxwell-Chrysler.jpg
    1925%20Maxwell-Chrysler.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back