help indentfy this axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52chevyrat

I pulled this axle out of the woods someone turned it into a trailer. There is no damage to it and has wishbones and a tie rod. I dont konow what its from if anyone knows what it could be from it would be a huge help. It looks like early ford 37 - 48 if so there is a huge aftermaket to support using it on my project.

Attachments

• STA70464 Resized.JPG
    STA70464 Resized.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 21
  • STA70465 Resized.JPG
    STA70465 Resized.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 22
  • STA70466 Resized.JPG
    STA70466 Resized.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 17
  • STA70467 Resized.JPG
    STA70467 Resized.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 17
What you have there is a '37 or '38 Ford. The axle and spindles are very useable, and if the hubs and drums are salvageable they can be used on '39-'48 hydraulic backing plates. A decent find...

axle

:Dthanks for the help thats just what i was hoping for.:D
do you have any info on what type of spring i need. I want to run spring a spring behide set up. I saw i guy that cut off the spring mounts and fabed up some mounts behide the axle have you ever seen this done.:confused:

wishbones

Also i need some suggestions on how to mount the split bones to the frame. I've seen hiem joints and tie rod ends. Are there prons and cons? If i used hiem joints should build the brackets to run them double shear or not. If I use tie rod ends how do you mount those since they need a 7 degree tapered hole. :confused:

Latest posts

Back