Help..my arms aint short enough!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
Finally got the windshield glass in my shoebox, bought the shoetest wiper arms and blades I could find but they're still too long. Where do I find real short stuff or some arms and blades I can cut down. These pieces are ANCO and can't see any way to cut em down.:confused: Any help is appreciated!!
10-14002.jpg

If you can find some wiper blades for an early 60s VW bug, you can cut them a off on the ends to the lenth you need. They are a one piece blade with a swivel on the center with a set screw, its a thin blade too so it wont look clumpy. I think they are about 11 inches long but you can just cut the ends off and the rubber blade stays put. I cut mine down to 6 1/2 inches long.http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-113-955-425-BSL
Tim

I know it sounds silly but why don't you stick a couple of chromed bullets onto the wiper shafts and treat the windshield with RainX? It works wonders and makes you ask why we use wipers anymore...

Thanks Timbo, I'll see if I can find a set for VW..............

CanyonCarver...Rainx is what I did in the past but here in Virginia they have changed the antique vehicle laws. We now are required to have all equipment that was originally on the car and it must be in good working condition. I didn't want to fool with door glass but now I have to make them work too. Also have to put tail pipes on, no side pipes allowed.:(

Thanks Timbo, I'll see if I can find a set for VW..............

CanyonCarver...Rainx is what I did in the past but here in Virginia they have changed the antique vehicle laws. We now are required to have all equipment that was originally on the car and it must be in good working condition. I didn't want to fool with door glass but now I have to make them work too. Also have to put tail pipes on, no side pipes allowed.:(

Crap, you'd think you were in CA!

Virginia has some of the most stupid jacked up laws of any state! I could never live there! I've never understood why they enact laws that serve absolutely no purpose other than to destroy our right to be different? Damn Communists!

Thunder1

Virginia has some of the most stupid jacked up laws of any state! I could never live there! I've never understood why they enact laws that serve absolutely no purpose other than to destroy our right to be different? Damn Communists!

Thunder1
Know what ya mean thunder1.........
For the most part the cops don't bother anyone about the new laws but it'd be my luck to run up on a cop havin a bad day. They can have yer hot rod towed if it don't comply with the new laws so I'm tryin to be careful.
Thanks everyone for the tips.

rear window wipers/headlight wipers

Have you looked at wiper applications for rear windows for late model hatchbacks or SUVs? Some of those are pretty short.

I guess wiper blades for those European car headlights would be a little too short? As long as it works?

440shorty

Latest posts

Back