Help our fellow Americans keep their jobs.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpyoldman

One light bulb at a time:​

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one
grasshoper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion
of them would... With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously
written by a good American.
Good idea . . . one light bulb at a time . . . ..

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for
some reason and just for the heck of it, I was looking at the hose
attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace
Hardware and just for the heck of it, I checked the hose attachments there.
They were made in USA . Start looking.

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects
someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this
lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made
in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more. My favorite toothpaste Colgate is
made in Mexico now. I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels
on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. (Can be true for any store.) I needed 60W
light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and
right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled, "Everyday
Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were
the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the
Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact
that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland, Ohio .

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that
are made right here.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . .. . yep, you guessed it,
Bounce costs more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday
things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save
may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so
we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from
overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago . . . . . .. )

Let's get with the program . . . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs
and create more jobs here in the U . S . A .

Excellent! I will follow your recommendation Grump
402471-1.gif

for little things you bet.
but it is a sad reality that i simply cannot afford to buy many items made in the U.S.
i make about 1/5th that the union workers that manufactured the product makes.
that is just how it is.

you are welcome to attack me as being un-american but that still wont change whats in my wallet.(hardly anything)

Billy,
We may be "past the point of no return" but like you said, evrey little bit helps. It's not about how much you make, it's about how & where you spend it. Alot of things just are not made here any longer, but we just need to try. We all need to look a little harder to help where we can.
Having an "American vs. UnAmerican" trash talk is too late now & a waste of time. (not to mention, my index fingers get tired of doin' all the typing!:D) I'm getn' off the soapbox, I'm asceered o' heights!

Have a great Sunday, GO STILLERS![cl

Billy,
We may be "past the point of no return" but like you said, evrey little bit helps. It's not about how much you make, it's about how & where you spend it. Alot of things just are not made here any longer, but we just need to try. We all need to look a little harder to help where we can.
Having an "American vs. UnAmerican" trash talk is too late now & a waste of time. (not to mention, my index fingers get tired of doin' all the typing!:D) I'm getn' off the soapbox, I'm asceered o' heights!

Have a great Sunday, GO STILLERS![cl

on the bright side.
did you know it is possible to have a $10 an hour wage and still build a rat rod?
god bless america!

The problem with trying to buy all American stuff is that the lines are very blurred on what is made here and what is not any more. A perfect example was my Mercury Cougar that had the Mexican engine and the Canadian body.:confused: When I told the guy in Customer Service at Ford that I thought I was buying an American car he said "Where have you been bud, nothing is made here any more." :(

And just to confuse things more, cars like Honda and Kia are being built right here in the States. These are very strange times. Something I have never understood is why American companies don't move their plants to Florida. We virtually have no manufacturing here. Yet we have no unions, wages are very low, and people love to move here for the climate. :confused::confused:

Don

"Where have you been bud, nothing is made here any more."

Don, believe it , or not, we had a 1968 Fury "made in Canada"???????1968!?

I have been doing this for quite some time, but Don is right it gets very blurry. I think all anyone can do is the very best you can. As the saying goes, The Job You Save May Be You're Own.

I'm all for it myself but like you said, the line does blur...

We have a Hyundai plant right here in Montgomery, Alabama. there is also a Toyota plant here in the state, as well as a Mercedes plant. Northrup Grumman is building a plant in Mobile..

Sad to say, but it is a very blury line.

Things are really upside down now. I remember when products made in Japan were referred to as crap.............looks like they turned that around, didn't they? All someone has to do is study the rise and fall of the Roman Empire to see the similarities in the way we are going. We need to get our act together before we are no longer the "most powerful Nation on the planet." :(

OwnedByChina.jpg

Don

As a union laborer,I watch what my family and I buy very closely.Our country is dying right before our eyes as plants close and move out.Then you have those who whine about being offended by this or that so more laws are passed wich further hinder us as a nation.A few months ago I was having a beer with friends and one of them asked why I drank c**rs.I responded that is what I liked.He then informed me of their contributions to the gun control supporters.I no longer purchase it and have switched brands.We have to start paying more attention.

Here is something else to kkeep in mind the next time you have a cold brewski...Budweiser was bought out a few months ago by a non American company....

That is a sour pill to swallow.....

Bac k to Miller for me.

The problem i see from the great white north is although some companies may no longer be 'American' owned they still employ thousands of locals so if you don't support them unemployment follows and then more chance for 'outside' trade no?
And a second point even applies up here is when you read the label carefully and its 'Made for Canada' by not 'Made IN Canada'

Latest posts

Back