HELP! Rearend and rim question / ideas - "build brainstorming"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meyek91974

I got a freebie rearend which is a '60 Ford Falcon 4 lug and it's in good workable condition, but I want to run tall narrow rims and tires like.... something of an E350 work van. Tall and narrow.

I am building a scootaround Model T truck idea thing. So, I need and want tall and narrow but it's expensive to buy lug bolt adapters. Also, I dont think getting four lug rims with tall walls would be.... out there??? I have to call around for that one.

I need ideas - help[S

It will be WAY cheaper to just get a suitable rear end. That Falcon is a really weak unit anyways. Scrap it and get something more user-friendly...

A first generation S10 axle is about the same width.I had a 1960 falcon and started to switch to S10 to get 5 lugs,but then just left original one in.
I would switch out to another axle and sell the falcon axle to restorer.Lots of people looking for falcon parts.

well what now???.....

although I doubt I will ever use the truck to haul anything other than gas and my a** BUT I thought it was good that I was getting a good useable rear end with a probable 2.79-3.teen good mpg gearing - - what is a good OLD rearend? I dont want to drop a Ford 9", I'd like to use as many old-as-dirt parts as possible; thus, this 50 year old find

The guys are right, sometimes free ends up costing more than if you bought a correct part to start with. Rear ends at most pick and pulls go pretty cheap, I know down here they are about $ 100-$150 and you can take a tape measure and get just what you need.

Don

Latest posts

Back