Help! What's this screw/sensor on the head?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meyek91974

1963 Ford 170 Inline 6. Screw or sensor is on the back left of head, a couple/few inches aft of 6th spark plug.

Thanks! I'm a newbie......

Last edited:
most likely a temperature sender idiot light style maybe? Im not sure but i think the idiot light sensors are smaller than the temperature or oil pressure senders.My logic for remembering and it might not be the actual reason why... idiot lights reach a setting then trip like a switch while range type sensors have a variable property?

I'd guess temperature unless theres an oil passage in there i dont know about.
pull it out and see if it has a hole in the end of it or not.
a pressure sender has a hole to let oil in and a temp sender does not

the build's a bucket

Hey Sarge....

I found a 1960 Ford 170 inline 6 that I want to plop in a T-bucket. An original bucket in the twenties had a 177 ci. I4, and the closest, cost effective, useable, comparable power engine is the Thriftsix inline six Ford made in the early sixties. I got my hands on a late fifties 2.77 three-speed stick which I'm going to push the 2"x3" box railframe that I plan to make. I found a first gen Falcon radiator and drive shaft, too, and the only new part I plan is to use a fglass body since it's only thirty pounds. The whole build should be around 8755-950 lbs, and the 170 I-6 pushed a 3,500 lb car which got high twenties mpg, so I should DEFINATELY have a economical daily driver that sips along.

(Any color, as long as it's black...." (except the ford blue engine)

A guy here in omaha has a little 4 door falcon with that engine and says he gets almost 30 mpg

Latest posts

Back