Hemi or not to Hemi that is the Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likes_2_tinker

Started out playing with tinker toys!
I dont know anything about Hemi engines so could some one tell me if this sound like a good deal or not an maby give me a little info on the motor
the price is $800
and if a guy did need to rebuild whats the price tag on that

complete assembled 51 331 hemi engine.Complete carb to pan, water pump to trans including the generator and power steering pump. The engine sat in a heated garage for 20+ years and supposedly it came out running. You know how that goes so consider it needs a rebuild and maybe you get lucky. The price reflects that it may need a rebuild.

That seems like a good deal to me. If I found one for that price I would buy it. The 331 is a Chrysler. The only issue is that the 51-53 engines have a "long" bell housing built into the back of the block that can tend to limit transmission choices.

As for the rebuild, that's hard to say depending on what the engine needs. Hemi parts usually aren't cheap though. If you can get the stamped number off of the top front of the block, posted it here and I'll tell you what the engine came out of.

$800... u better snag that B4 someone else does & u have to kikk u're self for a year or 2! And remember... all cars were runnin' when parked & all motors were runnin' when someone tore them down! :D

BoB

Matt, if it might be a runner it isn't a bad deal. What tranny?
Those engines are expensive to rebuild. Unless you have lots of disposable income it will probably end up all tore apart forever, they are expensive to build.
Check out a company called Hot Heads, they are the go to place for old Hemi stuff.
I wouldn't buy it planning to rebuild it until you know what you are getting into money wise.

Did you ever find a grill? What was that couple again?

Latest posts

Back