here's my progress

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meyek91974

Well, I'm documenting my progress. Keeping with (hopefully) not sticking my foot in my mouth with my wife and staying up with a bet with a co-worker, as I picked up a rearend today and am looking through things, so far.

March 28: I posted the first "wanted" on craigslist.

Since then, in three and a half months, I have two engines to build from, a Ford-O-Matic and a 3spd that I havent yet picked which to use, two carbs, radiator, drive shaft, motor mounts, rear end, plugs, distributor gutted and parts replaced, good wires, starter, fuel pump, keg for fuel tank, and some other here's-and-there's.

My goal is a total T-Bucket built for less than $2,000,within 2 years, and $10-$20 per week. -illustrating I can build a "working man's fun car and toy"

I have spent right at about $300 for everything and I'm extatic![cl

We need pics and a build thread. Even if it is just pics of parts, it keeps it all in one place and we can go through and see the progress.

ok - I'll have to put something together, but WOOO HOOOO!

Yeah, I'll work on some pics and I dont know what this thread thing is. - still a newbie.

BUT - Someone drove his mostly done '60 Falcon to church tonight to test run it, and in talking to me he offered his original engine and tranny FOR FREE!

He bought the car for the body, then did a full body off frame, 100% hot rod build and said that he has the engine and tranny in the garage still and was just wondering today what he'd do with it. So, if I come get it, "I can't beat the price!"

It's a running, all components/complete, 170 ThriftSix and Ford-O-Matic.

I can't believe the luck!

I Got FFFRRREEEEBBBIIIEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Someone at church, who builds high dollar rods, did a final drive of a ride to church before the owner picked up the next day. When talking, he offered - AND YESTURDAY DELIVERED his FREEBIE old engine, tranny, drive shaft, steering column, and steering wheel!!!!!

He not only loaded the stuff in his truck and brought it all over; only about five miles away as we come to find; but said it's worth getting it out of his garage as well enough....

I dont know when, but this fall when it's cooler, I'm going to have to drop some green for a hot dog cook out or something at church, have him over for a cookout, or something

Latest posts

Back