hey Dons rods ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Hey man ,i need some advice on t-bucket floors and body positioning.
Do you have any pics of when you guys were doing your floors and body braceing?
Do you think an s-10 manuel box will work on a T?
Is there any cheep ways out on the radiator?i wanna run a t shell [probly hand made ]
I wanna run pot steering on it if i can ,have you ever ran pot steering befor .
Do you have any past build pics or old pics of older t's you have had?

Tom, I tried in the worst way to put a stick setup in my T and it was just too crowded for three pedals up front. Part of the problem was the lowness of my car, the engine sits high for ground clearance and consequently the transmission tunnel is very big. I know others have run three pedal setups in theirs but it is still a little on the tight side, however it can be done as long as you don't make the car too low.

As for the flooring, my computer crashed a while back and I lost tons of my build pictures, but I can go back to some of the posts I have done and recapture them as needed. I'll try to get you some of those when I get back from the shop tonight. Here are a few I had left.

I am not familiar with the Pot steering term either. What is that?

Don

Attachments

• tfloorfiberglassing002.jpg
    tfloorfiberglassing002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 29
  • tfloorfiberglassing003.jpg
    tfloorfiberglassing003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
  • tseatrisersfiberglassedin008-2.jpg
    tseatrisersfiberglassedin008-2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32
This is probably a stupid question but what is "pot steering"? I've heard the term but not familiar with it.

pot steering is what i have allways herd it called when it comes up strait and you steer it like you are sitting on the pot [get it] at least thats how it was exsplained to me .Ya got ta remember ,i am a hillbilly and these arnt such strange term's for me to hear! I dont know what the proper terminology is for it,or if there is one?

The box used in da ol' days was a reversed corvair box.
Vega's turned on their side might and older mustang(67-69)also.
Not many guys doing that any more,they were'nt that easy to steer and
a bit uncomfortable.

Yep Tom, the reversed Corvair box is the most often used in these, and can be mounted sort of straight up and down like you describe. As for a cheap radiator, the one that a lot of guys use is a mid '60's Mustang V8 radiator. Not a perfect fit, but not bad, and only about $ 130 new. They seem to cool pretty well too. Up from that would be one like I get from PRC, and the come in under $ 400 and are aluminum.

Don

when i put pot steering on my c-cab i used a falcon box and it drove really well,but it was a lot higher in the seating position ,i get the filling that a t with pot steering will fill like my kids sit and spin .ha ha ,i dont know man ,i just dont know !?
AS far as the radiator i think it will be easy to keep the 4 cyl cool and i hope to find a small radiator off a newer car with an electric fan on it already?
Probly some kind of import type deal ?

Latest posts

Back