Hey folks just a quik intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mako4r

Always like the old metal 40's bodies just was never able to find or afford anything. I have been wrenching on toyota trucks for almost 21 yrs now...and due to an unfortunate accident a few years ago I sold off most of my trucks.
A neighbor ,Dave, I admire as being able to take a few simple pieces of body metal, or fiberglass fenders and invision a hotrod/ratrod. He pushed me a little to purchase a 40 ford sedan as my first build.

I live in e.ohio and parts are not as plentiful here. A couple yrs later I've found most all the parts I need thru web sites and few swaps. I've also purchased stuff to sell or trade down the road.

So now I surf the internet for ideas/tech/ and more swap meets. I hope to have it on the road by sept 2010 and make a trip to phoenix Az if weather permits. The 79 350sbc is rebuilt w some new power backed by a th350 and sitting on s10 chassis now completely boxed. body is channeled 6" over the frame and floorboards are taking shape.

The rear pan was completely gone....And I had a piece from my first car ...can anyone figure out the rear pan?

thanks rrr
I've enjoyed this site for awhile
bill

Attachments

• 100_5733.jpg
    100_5733.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_5732.jpg
    100_5732.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_5731.jpg
    100_5731.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5729.jpg
    100_5729.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5719.jpg
    100_5719.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 40
Welcome Bill...I like the 40 C-dan.. good choice on the s10 chassis. Don't know about the rear pan but I'm goin to guess it's Toyota??:D

welcome!!!

Mako,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D

BoB

thanks Guys...I'll give it a week for a few to guess the rear pan. I'm not running front/rear bumpers, but will reinforce the rear frame w a reese style hitch possible hidden under the license plate and some flame throwers in my new tailpan.

Just could'nt see forking out $260 plus for the repop pan just to cut it up for the reese and plate.

I scrounged up some super nice front/back black leather 6way- heated seats from a 2000 volvo station wagon....could'nt ask for a better fit. Making some door panels now...will hafta purchase the headliner and all the glass. Anyone know a glass guy in ohio/wv/pa ?

thanks bill

welcome to the site-ya got a nice looking project there, keep us updated on it

-and no, i don't know what that rear pan came off of[S:D

Welcome aboard ...... unique rear pan ...... mustang/t-bird tail panel?

Ratty 46

tailpan..

Well a few guesses....firebird,mustang,toyota....of all no one has picked chevrolet? How about a hint 1965 chevrolet. The pan was seperated in the middle and spread about 3 inches. I cant wait to hit some shows and see the confusion looks... Below are a few pics of the body on the s10 frame, gutters removed,doors shaved, rear pan before removal and the aggressive removal of rust.
The 70's z28 wheels were chosen cause they look much like the hotwheel wheels of past decades.
My vision was for black paint and yellow glass.... no luck so far.

I don't know if your aloud to plug a publication on rrr ... but i have to say the new issue [3] of Amusin' Kruisin' caught my eye at parts store yesterday. Its kinda kustom kulture, but no adds and all kolor from the publishers of Rebelrodz magazine.

Attachments

• 100_4859.jpg
    100_4859.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_4860.jpg
    100_4860.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back