Hey from Mississippi!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurst

Hey Guys. Awesome Site. I just puchased a 73 Volkswagon Bug and I am going to turn it into a V8 powered hot/rat rod. I plan on building a custom frame/chassis, much like a Model T type frame, and going from there. Stretched, chopped.
I have worked on many vehicles over the years and I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but this is my first complete built. I am looking forward to it and getting ideas/tech help from you guys.

Thanks again for such a great site,
Roy Hurst
Southaven, MS

Welcome from Tejas... here's one of my fav's!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• Front engine VW.jpg
    Front engine VW.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13
Hey, welcome to the RRR.....

Like your shifters!!!??? Bonehead, you are such a kidder......lol ...gotta do a build post with before and during pic's.....build away!![;)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As I said before, this is my first build and I am working with a small budget. (Can't do much on a cop's salary..) Anyway, I will not be scared to ask for help when I need it.

P.S. yes, it will have a Hurst shifter!!:D

Welcome from Texas. A v-8 bug should be loads of fun. I'm trying to build a Karmann Ghia. Didn't have much to start with and have even less now. Ford 429/C-6. I built a frame and really don't know if it's all going to work or not. Don't be afraid to ask questions and get some honest answers. These guys are great. Check out my build. Just don't do yours this way.:eek:
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10187

change of plans!!!

Well guys, the vw volksrod is out for the time being. I was able to come across a sweet deal on a 30 model Ford roadster, all steel project. It has a running 40's flathead and 3 speed trans that goes with it. I am gonna try to post a few picts. I am going to get it tomorrow. I am super excited!!!

Attachments

• 30 ford 2.JPG
    30 ford 2.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 6
  • 30 ford.JPG
    30 ford.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back