Hey from ontario canada EH (fargo content)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

well I guess Im kinda jumping into rat rod's full bore.
last weekend I traded my broken 1990 mustang GT for a 1950 Dodge/ Fargo
my mustang had a broken frame rail and 303,000km and was worn out in the chassis and suspension deparment, but its going to a high school teacher and his students will have fun with it.
it came with a mustang 2 crossmember and a 4 link setup for the rear and ls v8 engine mounts and much of the frame is already boxed in.
I do have a friend how has a 01 5.3 iron block engine with 500 or so km it's like new but it's been sitting in his garage on a stand for 6 years it comes with a ecu so Im not sure if I should keep it efi or swap to carb.
I want to try and run a t-5 trans it sould be fine behind it I wont be modding the engine. I have ALOT of work ahead of me and I bet theirs not alot of 23 year old rat rodders around.
it does have a bunch of stuff in the bed, hood doors and some other stuff.
D3D34403-572D-4F9A-8E64-3D2661302A35_zps688yk9lv.jpg

thats my friend tom who lent his truck to use
AC0BC4CA-F108-403D-9F0F-A388C992AD6F_zpsooffpygo.jpg

the mustang I traded
F6ABD3E5-3638-40C7-86DA-FCD4F36F54F7_zpsxplwarir.jpg

man I have so much stuff to find for this.

Welcome from New Mexico.
Nice starting point. I would suggest making a list as you think of it.
Then it's just one step at a time. Some forward and some back.
Just stay after it and get it on the road safely.

Ya my first hurtle is the truck came with no owership or vin tag so Im guessing it will be classified as a kit car?

Welcome to RRR! As for the title problem, one of the other Canadians will probably chime in soon. Gonna keep the fenders and hood on?

Welcome to RRR! As for the title problem, one of the other Canadians will probably chime in soon. Gonna keep the fenders and hood on?

the truck came with no fenders, Im keeping the hood I think Im going to find or modify a narrow grill for the truck.

Hello Knight, and welcome to RRR, from northern Alberta.
In the summer I jumped through a lot of hoops getting plates on my hot rod. I did not have a title, but I did have a bill of sale and I got an out of province mechanical inspection. It was a long frustrating few weeks, [I think that bureaucrats want to teach me more patience ]. I got my plates. Ontario might be different, though.
I am starting to work on two Dodges this winter; 1968 Super Bee and 1934 Dodge Brothers pickup.

Welcome from south Sask.

if you are looking for info on the reg. stuff maybe join the Canadian Rodder forum, there is lot,s of info on there, and also Ontario Rodders site

What 30sx said. I understand Ontario has tough rules and regs. (too many tree huggers, I'm guessing) You'll want to know them BEFORE you spend an hour or a dime on your truck.

Entering grey area: It's been a common practice (out here, anyhow) to buy another vehicle for its tag and title. For example: Farmer Fred has a clapped-out Fargo, beyond reasonable repair. Buy it cheap and use the cab, firewall, door post or whatever part suits your needs, scrap the rest. ("Technically", you've rebuilt the clapped-out truck with better donor parts.)

Good luck!

Welcome from another Ontarian.......if I were you, I'd be getting a title for what it is....if you turn it into a kit car, it's going to have a current year registration and that will bring about a whole lot of work for you......emissions, etc.

Take the Dr's orders - Try to "locate" the vin somewhere somehow and go from there.....it will be worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back