hey from toledo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toledo

hi all im a newbie im building a 31 tudor sedan scratch built frame out of 2x4 tube im in process of fitting the body to the frame now just trying to stiffin things up a bit and support a very rusty body ive got some 1" square tube ive started layin in,under,and around any suggestions or ideas or links would be greatly appreciated thanks mike.....i will try to upload some pics as soon as i figure out how

Attachments

• !cid__0413092024.jpg
    !cid__0413092024.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 31
  • !cid__0413092024a.jpg
    !cid__0413092024a.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 22
  • !cid__0110001958.jpg
    !cid__0110001958.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 22
  • !cid__0809091833.jpg
    !cid__0809091833.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 29
thanks got rust, ive searched a few some look pretty exotic,i just need basic for some feeling of saftey ill look agian but the wood burners cranked up in the garage so time for getting something done spring is here and im determined to drive it this year!!!

todays progress

a few pics of what i got done today along with some goofin around with our old mail box seemed a shame to throw it out u no

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 21
  • !cid__downsize_533.jpg
    !cid__downsize_533.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 24
  • !cid__downsize_133.jpg
    !cid__downsize_133.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 23
  • !cid__downsize_233.jpg
    !cid__downsize_233.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 25
  • !cid__downsize_433.jpg
    !cid__downsize_433.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25
thanks guys im runnin low on steel i gotta go pick some more up and some lighter guage stuff i have to get the doors somewhat square thier pretty rough but like i said this is the year i drive it so every time i push it out to do a side job i gotta push it back in and get busy there is a local swap meet this month in monroe mich on the 17th went there last year with little to no money and seen a bunch of stuff i wanted so this year im goin for broke lol

Welcome to RRR from Missouri. The build looks great. I'm working on one and it is about at the same stag as yours. It take a lot more time then one figures in the planning stag. Hope you find some good stuff at the swap and thanks for the pictures.

And another welcome from Missouri, thanks for the pics. :D

Looks like you have a pretty good grasp of what you need to do, just keep plugging away at it.

wow i i guess i could put a post as a build thread hadnt thought about it but i got a but load of pics from the trailer ride home till now maybe ill look into that.i do have a question though,if im gonna chop the top do most of u save the wood or replace the wood with more wood ,or just get rid of the wood and use steel? and yes i said wood too many times ,anyhow was thinking on chippin it all out of there and continuing with more 1" square tube ...thanks agian for your comments,,mike

back in the garage

well let me know what you think of this,i had a old glider out back by the burn pit and i needed some seats for the model a i looked at it sat in it then took a whiz wheel and cut the middle out of it chopped half a arm rest off laid one arm over the other welded it up added some under support structure and i think it fits pretty good and not a bad sit either only thing i cant decide is if i should cut the arm rest back a bit away from my knees thanks for lookin mike

Attachments

• !cid__downsize_3.jpg
    !cid__downsize_3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • !cid__downsize30.jpg
    !cid__downsize30.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • !cid__downsize_1.jpg
    !cid__downsize_1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
  • !cid__downsize_2.jpg
    !cid__downsize_2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
Must have been sleeping....how'd I miss this one?

Welcome man.... great shots and build......
might want to move this to the build threat and then keep it going.....
Cool build...

thread move?

sgt. pontiac do i move this thead to the build thread or do i just post a new thread with my build pics? if i move this one how do i do that ? thanks

Well......

sgt. pontiac do i move this thead to the build thread or do i just post a new thread with my build pics? if i move this one how do i do that ? thanks

I screwed up and was posting stuff in two different locations.... then I forgot to go back and post the original shots of the chop and I'm probably the wrong person to answer.... but.... here goes... I would start a new thread on the build post, do a short blurb about what you had on the Introduce yourself site and repost the pics..... Not sure if you can cut and paste from there but never tried..... then include your build thread in your posts by going to the user cp site.... I think it's under the edit signature area... anyway..maybe someone else can help me to help you.... :eek:

Just start a new thread.

As for the seats, I like 'em!

If your legs come close to the arm rest, cut it back a few inches. Gauranteed when you drive it, your leg will be smacking it. But, nothing says you can't change it later....

Latest posts

Back