Hey guys.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

Well, after a break from working on the truck and away from the computer, I've finally found my way back to this hole in the internet. I'm guessing most of you dont remember me or even have seen me around here before (heck, the only person i remmber is Gastrick), so i guess i'll do a little Re-intro.

My names nick, and i just recently turned 18. The truck that I have has been in my family for about 20 years. I grew up in it. Remember going on fishing trips with your Pa? well, this is the truck i did that in. Lots of people have told me to throw it away and start with something older, and in better shape. And time and time again i say no.

So, its a 1971 Ford F-100, with a mid-70's 302 and 4 spd. its got manual steering, manual brakes and no radio. it has some rust, but not alot. it spent about 6 years sitting in my carport covered in boxes and dust before i finally decided t resurrect it. I put the axle on top of the rear springs and cut 2 coils out of the front.

Anyways, heres some pictures.
mytruck003.jpg

jeep002.jpg

IMGP1857.jpg

IMGP1859.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

Heres some pics of a project i picked up a little while ago. Its a 1948 International KB-8 flatbed.
IMGP2213.jpg

IMGP2211.jpg

IMGP2229.jpg

Welcome back Nick...this place is a habit isn't it. That 71 Ford has sentimental value to you and nothin wrong with that. She's lookin good too. Thanks for postin pictures and keep us informed on the new project.:)

Welcome back, Nick. Wish I had the car my dad & I did our stuff in. That 71 is coming along quite nicely. Can't wait to see what you do with that International.

Like the paint - the white stripe really sets it off. For some reason, that truck looks like it might work with fender skirts. :)confused:) I don't even usually like skirts....

Like the paint - the white stripe really sets it off. For some reason, that truck looks like it might work with fender skirts. :)confused:) I don't even usually like skirts....

Haha thanks, its rattle can. I kinda wanted to do the two-tone 50's look or something. Right now im adding scallops to the hood.

Latest posts

Back