Hey ya"ll im still kicking

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipper

Its been way to long since my last post/ update on here. But I figure I've got an excuse.

I first must start out with a huge thank you to all my friends in the hot rod world and family who without I would not have been able to survive the last couple of years. A bunch of major personal problems had beaten me down greatly. Then on June 16 2010 the "this I F-n need" moment occurred. A thunderstorm with high winds threw a monkey wrench into the works.

7e5bb3f0.jpg

32c14afc.jpg

bff9410b.jpg

bbafdbb5.jpg

The majority of tools and machinery survived but the building was a complete loss. Racked and twisted I was looking at a complete rebuild of the building.
Again a big thanks to all my friends who came to help with moving a shops worth of stuff to a dryer temporary location.

Fast foward to mid summer 2011... I was driving around with my kids and came across this building. Many phone calls and sleepless nights a deal was struck and this 12,000 square foot building became my new shop.

100_7322.jpg

100_7326-1.jpg

100_7333.jpg

100_7329.jpg

The drama doesn't stop there, the first day that we'd be able to move in was the day that hurricane Irene made its way thru our area. We braved the storm till mid morning and got a few loads moved to the new shop.

100_7344.jpg

Once the storm passed the push for moving was on.

100_7388.jpg

100_7390.jpg

100_7395.jpg

It has been such a relief to feel alive again and get started with the projects that have been on hold for what seems an eternity.

100_7381.jpg

100_7383.jpg

I will be posting some more pics soon of the equipment and shop set up.

Once again, I can not say thank you enough to all who helped and were patient thru this very trying time of my life.

Here also is my public invite for all to stop by and say hello.

Dave Havlir

Glad to see u're makin' a comeback in a big way! Wow... that's some shop! Congrats!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

That's the size shop we all dream about. Looks like it takes a big guy to use your English wheel.
Glad to see you're back in business.

awesome new shop space.. not sure the roof is high enough though.. !

Good to hear from you Dave. Glad everything is looking up. Congats on the new shop. I'll have to stop by and see it next trip to the east side.

When might you be heading east? The new shop is 4 miles from the house.

Glad everything is falling into place.....

Facility looks HUGE!! But it looks like you are filling it up nicely....[cl

Hmmm, let see, Richmond in September maybe?!!

Make sure that you come out early enough to take in the Denny Hamlin charity race. I had 6 cars that I had either built complete or built components for in that race at Richmond. Kyle Busch was driving one and lead all but the last lap. Ran out of fuel. They were playing the weight game and came up short.

Sometimes things happen for a reason.

Your new shop looks great, Clipper.

One question, where is there?

440shorty

10333 Stony Run Lane
Ashland Va 23005

Exit 86 (Atlee/Elmont) off of interstate 95.
Less than a mile off of the highway

Last edited:
We will be going to the Richmond race in Sept. I will be in touch.

Looking forward to showing you the new shop.

I've got some cool stuff in the works. will post some pics soon.

Sand blasted my original jigs today. Got first proto-type from
laser the other day.

Latest posts

Back