Hi from NY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellendc

Just wanted to say hi, just found the site recently. Great info and I'm learning more by the day. Hopefully will join the ranks one day soon! Anyone from NY/Long Island here?

Steve

Welcome to RRR ! Great place to hang out for sure. Don't know if anyone here is from your area or not ? NYC/Long Island is definitely not the first place I think of when talking about the car scene, especially Rat Rods, so your post makes me curious.....what is the the car scene like in your neck of the woods :confused: Is there any old iron available locally ? Just curious, glad you found us and hope you get the bug and find a project soon :D
Welcome aboard.

Actually, lots of oldies around here. Some are beyond repair due to our use of salt during the winter. However, when it starts to get warm you can pretty much find a cruise night any day of the week. It really shocks me when the sun comes out, so do the classics. Most people who are selling think they have something worth 2-3x as much as its really worth. There are a few rats running around here. I hope to increase the percentage soon!

Just another tidbit - when I got married in 1998 we used two 1950 Lincoln Cosmopolitans( one is ours) to carry the groomsmen. Another friend took my bride and her maid of honor in his 1925 Lincoln Doctors Coupe. He bought it from a Govt. sale in Montana. Feds took ownership of some guys' museum and sold all his cars in the museum! He paid $60k. And they also got a Model A pickup in good shape for $12k. They joined a 1970 Bronco, 1965 Mustang Fastback(one of Reggie Jacksons old cars), 1934 Ford Rumble seat Roadster, 1950 Ford 2 dr Woody Wagon in the garage. All in excellent condition

Welcome to RRR, from a former Islander from N. Massapequa. The car scene on the Island has always been pretty solid. I'm sure there are a few rats out there. We just seem to be in the minority most places.

Latest posts

Back