Hi

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDec

Hi there, long time lurker first time poster...
My name is Guy, 23 years old and I'm from Belgium. Big fan of hotrods, ratrods and the classic muscles.
Currently own and drive a '72 elCamino and recently picked up a '68 elCamino 396SS for restoration. Plan is to own a '70 Chevelle SS some day, wish I could own a rod but most of the mods done aren't allowed by belgian laws and rules...

Oh right, forgot pics.
Here's some of the '72:
14y2tch.jpg

4vq0hy.jpg

106ll5x.jpg

vxevww.jpg

azdklv.jpg

xmpsmh.jpg

Has the 305 small block.
Previous owner did some work on it, holley electric fuel pump, hooker headers with a full 3 inch exhaust, edelbrock intake. He re-upholstered the bench and installed new door panels and floormat. And a lot of chrome (which I dislike, but to each his own): inner fenders, steering linkage, rear axle, rear drums, ...

So far I've placed a new Edelbrock carbutaror and air cleaner and replaced the intake gasket because it was leaking oil. Recently found out I've got rust in my fuel tank so in the process of ordering a new one and replacing it.
Don't really have any plans for it except for other wheels and maybe repaint (previous owner used a rolling brush to paint it and has some bad spots)

And some of the '68:
23jpojs.jpg

331huvk.jpg

10pot1d.jpg

111otjq.jpg

2nthctl.jpg

28cj0wg.jpg

1yvp1h.jpg

ilvl0x.jpg

Bought it already painted, was supposed to be a 'put it together and drive' sort of project. So started the build up and ran into some issues. Holes that were covered up, but weren't supposed to, wiring cut into pieces for no real reason, new parts that don't fit, missing parts that the previous owner said were there and something wrong with the taillight housing on the right. When I place the rearlight in it, there's a big gap besides it, can fit my hand through it. And when feeling in the arches there's a lot of dents, so wondering if it's a bad repair job or something else... So right now most work is put on hold till a friend of mine can take a look at the body work and see if it's fixable or if I need to order new sheetmetal.

Love the old Elky's. Have a Ranchero myself & have always wanted an Elky but one's never come my way! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back