Highboy pics/POLL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHBOYS COOL OR UNCOOL

• Cool

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Uncool

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A "high boy" is a fenderless roadster or coupe. Usually a model A, 32 ford or a 33-34 ford. So you can't have a high boy with fenders unless I have it wrong........[S

The guys are right, a highboy has no fenders. With fenders it is simply a fully fendered hot rod. I think IFS is ok on a car with fenders because it is somewhat hidden, but personally I don't like ANY ifs on a car with no fenders. Even if it is a hightech front end with lots of polished and chromed parts it still looks wrong to me. (my apologies to those who have em, but that is just my opinion........and you know what they say about opinions :rolleyes:)

Don

I'm trying like hell to build a cool IFS set-up on Roofus. I think I can pull it off OK.

here is some inspiration for a good looking IFS set up......[cl

Attachments

• Lotus_32B.jpg
    Lotus_32B.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 20
The guys are right, a highboy has no fenders. With fenders it is simply a fully fendered hot rod. I think IFS is ok on a car with fenders because it is somewhat hidden, but personally I don't like ANY ifs on a car with no fenders. Even if it is a hightech front end with lots of polished and chromed parts it still looks wrong to me. (my apologies to those who have em, but that is just my opinion........and you know what they say about opinions :rolleyes:)

Don

I'm with Don, if ya wanna run IFS, put some fenders on that jewel and hope nobody notices. Later Whit

Whoops, voted before reading the post. Subtract one from the "cool" category.

Anything that didn't come with IFS should not have IFS, especially fenderless and highboys are FENDERLESS.

But, if you think it is cool build it, why should we care what others think anyway. [S

Thanks for the replies. Guess I should really get my terminology right. I am going to build a "full fender rod" and the body wont be channelled because of our stupid ride height/ seatbelt location rulings. If they do not comply it doesnt meet roadworthy standard= big trouble with the 5-0

Latest posts

Back