Hillbilly's F-5 ratrod rollback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Well, my father has officially caught the ratrod affliction. You would think that he would be happy with a car or pickup truck.....Nope. He wants to build a car hauler.

My uncle told us about this "old truck" he saw sitting in the woods while he was hunting. He described it as "real solid", but he didnt know what it was. Naturally i had to go take a look see. Turns out it was an F-5, with a 14,000 GPW. Perfect for dads project. Problem is the truck was sitting a 1/4mile off the road out in the woods.

The owner used a log skidder to park it out there in 1982. Before that it sat in his barnyard for years.

So today my father and i went in armed with a couple chainsaws, and a Massey w/ front end loader. Took 4 hours, but we got her out.

Attachments

• 100_1277.jpg
    100_1277.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1278.jpg
    100_1278.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_1279.jpg
    100_1279.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
The truck only reads 18,000miles on the odometer. Plans for it are to chop the top, to a BBC swap w/ stack pipes, and make a 15-20ft rollback body for it. Possible air ride susp.

I forgot to mention, building trucks is what we do for a living. Ya know the "shoot the moon" scenes in Lethal Weapon and the new Dukes of Hazard movies, My father built those trucks back in the early '80s. Back then he worked for Holmes. He started his own business after Holmes went under.

Attachments

• 100_1280.jpg
    100_1280.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_1281.jpg
    100_1281.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_1282.jpg
    100_1282.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 75
roll back

Thats a way cool idea! A chopped roll back is something you never see and its just somthing i think needs to be done. What motor is in it now if there is one? keep us informed about it.

Right now it has a huge flathead 6 in it, there is oil in it and the oil bath is still on the carb. It just might turn over. The whole top of the motor is covered in some kind of rodent shyt. Almost looks like rabbit crap, but i dont see how a rabbit would get up there.

I'll have better pics tommorrow. I am going to pressure wash it just so i know what were dealing with.

Last edited:
Right now it has a huge flathead 6 in it, there is oil in it and the oil bath is still on the carb. It just might turn over. The whole top of the motor is covered in some kind of rodent shyt. Almost looks like rabbit crap, but i dont see how a rabbit would get up there.

I'll have better pics tommorrow. I am going to pressure wash it just so i know what were dealing with.

just remember, if it looks like "it", smells like "it", feels like "it", well it is probably "it":D have fun washing "it" and watch for the splashback - probably will taste like "it":eek:

Latest posts

Back