hinges help...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

so i have my bed in the almost built stages, but not going to continue until i can come up with a decent enough hinge design for the flat bed.

the flat bed will hinge up as if a hard tonneu cover. anyone have ideas or post up some pics of what they did that might help?

So the complete bed is going to be able to be lifted up?
What size bed is it that is going to really tell how beefy the hinges will need to be and where are you planning on placing them?
I am interested I am planning on doing a flat bed but I was thinking of a hatch set up for the fuel cel or tank not sure which I am going yet.[S

Is the bed gonna be manually lifted?
You can use weld on fence gate hinges.
Go to a farm supply co. and look in the farm fence department, they have heavy duty hinges brackets and everything you need to do the job.
Also look at the bale spikes, the hinge frame and all are already set up for tilting the bed :)
This one is a simple design so your imagination is your limit on how fancy you go :D

Attachments

• bale_mover_pickup_winch_712rr.jpg
    bale_mover_pickup_winch_712rr.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 24
I made a dump once. Used "C" channel back to back ][ with several pieces of pipe 4" with a solid rod in it then weld every other pipe to the "C" channel.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The bed itself is stationary just the top flat bed portion will lift, filled with solid wood boards, so probably a relatively heavy duty hinge to help weight

Latest posts

Back